Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 06:53 AM

Default KK - Correct play or should I have folded to the action

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Qd 4d (flush, queen high).
UTG+1 has Jd 9h (two pair, jacks and nines).
Hero has Kh Kd (one pair, kings).
Outcome: SB wins 23 BB. </font>
Old 04-20-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Re: KK - Correct play or should I have folded to the action

Bad flop for you, but this is simply too big of a pot to fold in imo. You're committed to a showdown. You had outs to counterfeit both the flush and the two pair, it just didn't happen for you.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:00 AM

you can likely fold this river against non-maniac opponents. If the board had paired on the river, then it's more likely a call. Also, don't include results. Also, calling the turn was correct.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:02 AM

I'd be fairly certain that I was behind to the raise on the turn, but if the river is a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] you will make your flush and likely win, so the call is definitely correct here. On the river, you probably should fold, but I don't blame you for making the crying call.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:05 AM

You have the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] which means that a call is worth it, getting 7-1 on first coldcall and then definitely call the extra bet. I would call down on river as you did as well. Unlucky.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:07 PM

Just a quick question.... Should I post results after I've recieved a couple of replies or not post results at all? I think it's interesting to see the results after some analyzing.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:09 PM

I'd fold the turn. The T of diamonds completes too many draws.
The flush, several gutshots, two pair (JT or stuff), it really looks like you are behind at that point, while on the flop you could have been likely ahead with people getting some value of their strong draws, which they probably hit on the turn.

Edit, didn't see that you were holding Kd, so the turn call was correct.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:16 PM

Flop is good, unfortunately it looks like UTG has a set or two pair. It seems to get worse on the turn as SB comes alive with a 3rd diamond, so I'm going to venture a guess that he has the flush. When the action comes to you on the turn, you're getting 7:1 odds for your 2nd nut flush draw, so I believe this is a call.

Even though it's only one bet on the river, I would probably fold. Based on the action, I'm behind here to a flush and two pair/set.

EDIT:

[ QUOTE ]
Just a quick question.... Should I post results after I've recieved a couple of replies or not post results at all? I think it's interesting to see the results after some analyzing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Posting them in white like you did is fine. I like to look at the results after I make my posts because it lets me know if I was right on or way off in my hand reading.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad flop for you, but this is simply too big of a pot to fold in imo. You're committed to a showdown. You had outs to counterfeit both the flush and the two pair, it just didn't happen for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

how on earth is a J92 a bad flop for you??