Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Regarding Collusion, what about this?

I want to know what you people think of the following, which happens a lot (especially at the higher limit games):

-Account sharing: Multiple people playing under the same account and/or people playing under multiple aliases.

-Backing and playing in the same game (or having pieces of eachother): Especially in higher online games, where almost everyone tends to know eachother.

-Information sharing: For instance combining PT data etc.

I know regarding 1 that it's illegal to have multiple accounts, but that doesn't take away the fact that it happens a lot. Even Shawn Keller stated in a post that he played against neverwin, with neverwin playing under different accounts.

So what do you think?
Old 04-19-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Regarding Collusion, what about this?

I think that A) is fine unless they are using these multiple accounts to sit at two seats at the same table, using it so they can 8 multitable or whatever is fine. Especially since party allows you more than one account, if you go through a different skin (empire)
b) is terrible, should never be done
c) isn't cheating at all
Old 04-20-2005, 11:56 AM

From the amount of responses it seems that this isn't a too interesting topic.

Anyway, I was really wondering what some of the people thought who play the 100/200 on Stars. I think it is a big problem (especially in that game). But it seems most people think otherwise.

BTW...Re: shmahappens, I think number 1 is wrong, since you never know who you're playing and therefore you, as a player who plays under 1 account (as it should by the rules), have a disadvantage .
Old 04-20-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to know what you people think of the following, which happens a lot (especially at the higher limit games):

-Account sharing: Multiple people playing under the same account and/or people playing under multiple aliases.

-Backing and playing in the same game (or having pieces of eachother): Especially in higher online games, where almost everyone tends to know eachother.

-Information sharing: For instance combining PT data etc.

I know regarding 1 that it's illegal to have multiple accounts, but that doesn't take away the fact that it happens a lot. Even Shawn Keller stated in a post that he played against neverwin, with neverwin playing under different accounts.

So what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Account sharing is against the T&C of most sites. One person one account.

2) Just from what I have read there are many incestous situations at the higher levels. I think this is definetly undesireable, but I don't think anything can be done about it.

3) This is fine. People trade information all the time. However I don't like that recently a market has developed for this type of thing.