Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: PP $400 6max, Not sure if i should get stacked

Pre-flop, this guy very rarely raises, now he raises from big blind? I'd call with 98s shorthanded too, hoping to crack a monster.

Now on the flop it's pretty marginal, you for the most part whiffed and I don't think it merits a call. If your 9 and 8 are outs, your opponent only has high cards so hitting won't mean a big pot and you barely have odds to call anyway. If they aren't outs, then you're calling a bet out of position on a paired board for a gutshot. Ick.

On to the turn, which is a street that seems very very very suspect from an opponent as aggressive as this. Check it out: he bets LESS than his flop bet, and then cold calls a huge (relative to his bet) checkraise. Uh oh. My line here would be a quite smaller checkraise hoping to get value from an unlikely overpair, or make other things like AK call to hit one of their "outs".

After those warning bells on the turn, I think a river check is in order. Call a small bet definitely, but I think after his strength on the turn you can fold to an allin.