Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: trips. good fold or to tight play?

Might not be but i want an image that says a litle maniac.
But i deppends on the table also if the table is passive i would raise whit thoose hands . But maybe fold somtemis in a agressive table. Or call.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:53 PM

If you're too scared to be raising your premium hands like AK and AQ in a 6 handed game then you may be more comfortable playing limit holdem where you can't lose your stack in one hand.

I love AK and AQ. You have to be raising preflop with them. If you miss with them they are easy to get away from.

Also if you're going to limp with AQ and hit trips and then fold it why not just fold it preflop. If you're waiting for the nuts to play you'll have a lot of trouble in NL. You need to loosen up your game if you're going to play 6 handed and get more aggressive. Don't be afraid to go broke if you have a great hand and some one else happens to be holding one of the two or three possibe hands that beat you.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:03 PM

You managed to get him to throw his whole stack in the middle and you folded! He's probably put you on a high pocket pair or weak ace looking for a cheap showdown and your passive play after taking a stab at the pot screams weakness.

Ideally, you really want to define his hand better before you're calling an all-in on the river. A preflop bet rules out weak aces that might catch a boat. Raise the flop to 12 or so after his check-raise and you'll know pretty quick if he's got the other ace or not. If he comes back all-in you can fold against a possible AK but I think you're still winning more often than not in that situation. If he calls, then bet the pot on the turn and get all in on the river.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:07 PM

My question was basically about raising UTG with premium hands.

I definitely have to be more aggressiv, I'm working on it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

There is, though, a big difference between raising with a hand that is a favourite to win the pot and raising with the possibility to make a bluff bet after the flop.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:12 PM

Playing overcards out of position when you wiff the flop is a tough thing to do - no doubt about it. How you play them depends on a lot of variables. Check-fold, CR, bet, check-push, check-call and push are all legitimate plays given the right circumstances.

- Jim
Old 04-19-2005, 03:12 PM

Yes but only hands that AK is a big underdog to is KK AA.
The rest is almost 50/50. And like you say the bluff bet. You might win aginst 77,88,TT, if an Q flops and you have AK and you bet and they fold. If you check the might bet and you fold. That will e expencive in the long run.