Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Re: first hand post EVER, how\'d i do...

Flop play is OK to see where you are at, but you got called and the board is uncoordinated so there is a descent clue that your opponent probably has an A or a T. Since your preflop raise is cold called, the range of hands he is likely to be playing is more heavily weighted toward Ax and PPs higher than yours.

Therefore, you should slow down on the turn - especially when another overcard hits that could have given one of the few hands you had beat on the flop a straight.

Forget the river! That was a waste of 2 bets.

Also, you are likely to get better advice if you don't post the results.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:40 AM

It wasn't a coldcall preflop. It's just the BB, so I think his range of hands could be pretty wide.

I think that the turn bet is fine here. Lots of players will check/call the flop with crap, and check/fold the turn.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop play is OK to see where you are at, but you got called and the board is uncoordinated so there is a descent clue that your opponent probably has an A or a T. Since your preflop raise is cold called, the range of hands he is likely to be playing is more heavily weighted toward Ax and PPs higher than yours.

Therefore, you should slow down on the turn - especially when another overcard hits that could have given one of the few hands you had beat on the flop a straight.

Forget the river! That was a waste of 2 bets.

Also, you are likely to get better advice if you don't post the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap. I didn't realize he posted results!

Edit: mixed up hero/villain's hands while keeping action consistent, was:

[ QUOTE ]
Make sure you bet marginal hands at this guy in the future, and make sure you call his river raises in the future. Use the notes feature at whatever site you're playing and keep track of this! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This is a noteworthy opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note: 77 is a betting hand on this board but not a calling hand. What I said above doesn't reflect on hero.

Mark this guy down as a good player: that line with the ace is a good one: other than that he should probably have bet the river, and probably re-raised you preflop.

--Dave.