Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 04:56 AM

Default Re: AKo standard?

Yes, standard
Old 04-19-2005, 04:59 AM

In 10/20 I regularly made a lot of money making this exact value bet and being called by AQ and AJ. Most of the 10/20 players do something differently on the flop or turn when they have a pair.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:14 AM

personally i check river i dont think many hands will call u that you beat and no real value for bet
Old 04-19-2005, 06:23 AM

As far as I can tell, you are ahead going into the river. A pocket pair or a ten would have let you know by now. The only possibilities for your being behind after the turn are if he has a pair like 99, planned to check-raise the turn, and got scared of the ten. Unless he's backdoored a flush or had A3 I reckon you're still leading or tied, and I think all his A-high hands will call.

So I love your river bet, although I wouldn't be able to make it myself.

Guy.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
maybe i'm leaving bets on the table but betting the river doesnt qualify as standard for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here. unless I have a great read that CO loves to raise any ace and take ace high to the river, then I guess this could be a value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's SOOOO sweet when you bet there, get called and your hand is good. No one mentions this kind of stuff but a value bet on the river there might depend on how quick he was calling the flop and turn. I noticed an online tell of sorts...if they're really quick about it then I would NOT bet the river because he's likely to have you beat. If he's sort of hesitating but still kinda quick, then bet the river, he has AQ or worse. Call me crazy but I think there a lot of tells based on speed of someone's decisions if they tend to play pretty ABC.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:43 AM

Not having played higher than 3/6 max, I'm still going to venture to say that this answer might be different at different levels.

At 3/6 stars, I see PLENTY of people call down to the river with a medium pair, never having raised at any point. On the other hand, it seems VERY rare to me to find a player who will call a river bet with AQ, in this betting pattern.

But perhaps it's a whole other world at higher stakes.