Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Is the PPT a joke?

I think the PPT needs a lot more money - and it needs to be paid out to a lot more of the field - if it wants to be taken seriously. At that point they would have a tour that would (only in the context of the tour) turn poker into a spectator sport and not gambling.

How they're going to get that money, on the other hand, is a little trickier.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Is the PPT a joke?

[ QUOTE ]
This happens alot, I mean if you could make more money go for it and i happen to like daniel. Phil ivey also said he would dump his chips sometimes when he saw a big side game where he could make more than 1st priz in a cardplayer interview awhile ago. Daniel seems like a nice guy and i dont think hes insecure

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense... so long as you care nothing about variance. I've skipped freerolls (on a rediculously smaller scale) for similar reasons, where each entry is worth, say, $30 or $50 a head, because I felt my hourly rate would be higher by reserving the monitor real estate for another cash game instead.

You guys may have a point about poo-pooing seemingly large chunks of money.. but I have a tough time criticizing anyone who plays for the same limits I do... plus two zeroes, just because I've never been in the situation myself.

2nd