Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 03:22 PM

Default STUD Sit and Go/ Tournament play

For you good Stud high players out there... What changes do you make in your sit and go play? For Tournaments?

More for Sit and Go style play because the blinds go up so fast. What hands to you add to compensate for the blinds? To give you an idea of how i play... I normally play premium pairs, 3 flushes and 3 straights. I add small and meduim pair based on position and my door card. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: STUD Sit and Go/ Tournament play

play very tight early and loosen up as you go. i would play other pairs with good kickers too (kicker higher than highest upcard in the hand. also will sometimes play a pair with a suited connector if I do not fear a raise. I find that a lot of the non-premium hands can be played, especially for their set value and especially if the hand is completely live and your opponents hands are not. I like stud sit n go's because if you play a nice TAG game you will get in the money often because one bad beat wont often cripple the way it will in NL game.

Edit: raise a lot of hands late unless you are constantly getting played back at or are playing against a guy who always goes to the river. it is important to steal the blinds as they go up....pretty much always raise an Ace door if it hasnt been raised and there are no limpers if you think you will have a chance at stealing.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:39 AM

thanks for the post.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:53 AM

I don't really think you need to adjust your game very much from optimum cash game play. I had a lot of success at the 10+1s on Party back when I was playing them.