Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 02:12 AM

Default AQo, ragged flop from SB

I'm fine heads-up or 3-handed, but multiway in EP makes me nauseous.

PokerRoom 10/20 (5 handed)

Been playing awhile. Seen luckyLAG steal with 23o in CO - but there is method to his madness. Is the flop play reasonable?

Looosecaller is fairly passive, but he's been getting beat up pretty badly. Enough of a chance he's been pushed to breaking point?

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
1 fold, looosecaller calls, luckyLAG calls, Hero raises, tiltingTAG (BB) calls, looosecaller calls, luckyLAG calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, tiltingTAG checks, looosecaller checks, luckyLAG bets, Hero raises, tiltingTAG folds, looosecaller cold calls, luckyLAG calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets, looosecaller calls, luckyLAG calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, looosecaller raises, luckyLAG folds, Hero calls.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:50 AM

Default Re: AQo, ragged flop from SB

i think you can fold the river. passive players are almost never bluffing here. it's true that he *may* be on tilt, but i definetly wouldn't alter my read without first seeing a hand played out to prove it.

i'm don't think i like the flop check/raise here either. you could have the best hand but at best you're just getting the TAG to fold and you still have to play the rest of hand out of position. i don't know, maybe it isn't that bad, it's just something i wouldn't think to do in this spot. maybe someone else can chime in?
Old 04-18-2005, 03:18 AM

Default Re: AQo, ragged flop from SB

I really want to fold this river too (and maybe should have), but the pot is large, 13:1 minus rake. Just wanna make sure that factored into your decision.

More specific info on looosecaller's possible tilt: he types in "f--- this" last time he was beat.

Check-fold, call, or bet out on flop?