Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: How\'d I do here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks pretty straight-forward. What exactly are you asking here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop called seemed real marginal too me... wasn't sure I took the best approach. Wanted some input.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you have 6 clean outs and 2 dirty outs. I'd put that around 7 outs. Needing, 6:1 to call you're getting 4:1 but with 2 others in this will be made up with your disguised hand.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:22 PM

I don't think calling this on the flop is a huge error -- that is this decision is pretty close.

The funny thing about implied odds is they go both ways. I hate to cold call this and it come back another bet (or 2) back to me. I think this hand illustrates and example where yr (relative) position determines yr action.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I KNEW BB would not reraise, then yeah, it's an easy call. Hero's relative position is really bad here.

[/ QUOTE ]

My table impression was BB was taking a stab at the pot. I've probably got a pretty tight image, so the flop probably didn't hit me, MP1 can fold to aggression. So I think he was counting on both me and MP1 folding. Button and SB I can't speak for, though.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sold on the preflop call with only one entering the pot ahead of you. Suited connectors generally need more entering ahead of you? Would a raise have been better than a fold here?

Flop is a fold for me based upon pot odds. Why did you continue?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pre-flop caller ahead of me was pretty loose. I didn't really want to raise it on this hand. The table had been tightning up a little bit, so I didn't think there'd be a whole lot of callers behind me. I figured if I could get it HU with MP1, I could win the pot.

On the flop my thought process went, "4.7-1 needed to call, I've got 7-2 right now... nobody's gonna see this straight if it hits. Call. [sound of call button being pushed] Oh damn... should I have done that?"

KO
Old 04-17-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Okay, changed my mind (I\'m allowed to do that right?)

This example is pretty clear cut. You are getting huge implied odds, and have pot equity such that a 3 bet would not be bad.

Wait a minute...

Pot equity... there is something I had not considered. Hero owns at least 24.1% of this pot (6 squeaky clean outs). He has to put in a little more than 20% (4:1 minus the rake of the pot), so yeah, I see it. A call is in order here.

So yeah, I'm convinced.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Okay, changed my mind (I\'m allowed to do that right?)

[ QUOTE ]
This example is pretty clear cut. You are getting huge implied odds, and have pot equity such that a 3 bet would not be bad.

Wait a minute...

Pot equity... there is something I had not considered. Hero owns at least 24.1% of this pot (6 squeaky clean outs). He has to put in a little more than 20% (4:1 minus the rake of the pot), so yeah, I see it. A call is in order here.

So yeah, I'm convinced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, thanks for all the discussion... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It wasn't as marginal as I thought, heh.

KO
Old 04-17-2005, 08:44 PM

Thanks for posting this hand. It generated some good discussion.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero owns at least 24.1% of this pot (6 squeaky clean outs). He has to put in a little more than 20% (4:1 minus the rake of the pot)...

[/ QUOTE ]
I should point out, for the sake of accuracy, this is not excactly correct, since Hero could make his hand and still lose to a flush. However, other cards could come that also make Hero the best hand, and I do think that Hero's equity is certainly over 20% here, so I still think it's a good call, but the above logic is flawed.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:09 PM

I have read a few weak-tight replies and all I have to say is this...Even a Gerber Baby will start crying when he hears the terms "fold" and "OESD" in the same sentence. He knows that the money you just threw away could have bought him a new teddy bear. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Brad
Old 04-17-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have read a few weak-tight replies and all I have to say is this...Even a Gerber Baby will start crying when he hears the terms "fold" and "OESD" in the same sentence. He knows that the money you just threw away could have bought him a new teddy bear. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol... I HATE oesd's, as a general rule. I know they hit just a little less than a flush, but I have a real hard time finding them fill out.

That doesn't mean I change how I play them, of course.

KO