Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Live 2/4 hand from Foxwoods yesterday

Exact details a bit fuzzy, but...

MP1 seems to be a decent enough player; hasn't caused me to roll my eyes yet [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
MP3 has displayed "typical" B&M 2/4 looseness preflop, has been aggressive in spots and does not strike me as a "thinking" player at all.
I am "the tight guy" at the table (twice I've heard "well if you're betting/raising, then I'm out of here...")

Foxwoods 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: JerseyTom is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
5 limps, JerseyTom calls, SB completes, BB checks

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] : <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
checked around(!?), <font color="#CC3333">JerseyTom bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Again, these may not be the exact suits, but I do recall that the flop was rainbow with none of my suit.

Turn: (5.5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, JerseyTom...?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Live 2/4 hand from Foxwoods yesterday

[ QUOTE ]

MP1 seems to be a decent enough player; hasn't caused me to roll my eyes yet [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
MP3 has displayed "typical" B&amp;M 2/4 looseness preflop, has been aggressive in spots and does not strike me as a "thinking" player at all.
I am "the tight guy" at the table (twice I've heard "well if you're betting/raising, then I'm out of here...")

Preflop: JerseyTom is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] : <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
checked around(!?), <font color="#CC3333">JerseyTom bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Again, these may not be the exact suits, but I do recall that the flop was rainbow with none of my suit.

Turn: (5.5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, JerseyTom...?

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Easy turn fold.

Mike
Old 04-17-2005, 02:37 PM

They're not fearing that bet now, are they? You have a crap kicker and no flush draw (or straight draw for that matter). This is easy to toss.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:47 PM

What, noone is going to harass him for the open-limp from the button?

EDIT: And yes, easy turn fold.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:10 PM

Oops, you misread the post; there were 5 limpers to hero.

Easy easy turn fold. At a minimum, one of those two just caught 2-pair.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Live 2/4 hand from Foxwoods yesterday (RESULTS)

Thanks for the feedback.

Here's how it went (in white from my turn decision on).

[ QUOTE ]

MP3 has displayed "typical" B&amp;M 2/4 looseness preflop, has been aggressive in spots and does not strike me as a "thinking" player at all.

<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="white">JerseyTom folds, MP1 calls

River: (9.5 BB) Ah (2 players)
MP1 checks, MP3 checks

MP1 shows T9o.
MP3 shows KJo

MP1 wins
Thoughts: getting less than 4.25:1 on a turn call when I may be drawing dead or (at best) too thin (even with the full 8 outs: 2 A's, 3 4's and 3 6's, I need 4.75:1, but I don't think I'll have 8 full outs most of the time and MP1 might 3-bet some other percentage of the time).
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-17-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Live 2/4 hand from Foxwoods yesterday (RESULTS)

This is an easy fold, and almost identical to a hand I played at a live 6/12 table recently. I had AQ on the button and raised a few limpers, blinds and limpers called. Flop is A64, checked to me and I bet, 2 callers. Turn is 5, SB bets out, EP player raises. I folded. River checked through, and the two players chopped the pot, both holding ATo. Obviously my hand was good, but more often than not this is two pair, a set, or straight. I think I made a good and easy fold.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy fold. You know one donk has at least two pair. So, you might be able to beat one of them if you counterfeit it. What are the chances they don't have a straight, or aces up already?

Or, hit trips on the turn?