Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2005, 12:36 PM

Default KTs from SB

I think this hand is pretty standard but it still felt wrong when I was playing it.

What do you think?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

River: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Thanks.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: KTs from SB

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](In the dark)

I play it the same way.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:06 PM

I think you have to call the river, but if you read UTG as tight, you could let it go more easily.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:12 PM

I might consider folding this hand preflop. With a player or two more in preflop it is an easy call. With a player or two less its any easy fold. You are right on the border here. I definitely fold the river with two over cards on board especially since one is an ace.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:26 PM

I call the river.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

What UTG raising hands do I beat?

I lose to AK AQ AJ AT KQ KJ AA KK QQ JJ TT.

The only hand I beat here is 99.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:41 PM

I would probably call the river because the pot is pretty big, and you pretty much encourage him to bluff by checking the river. Now he'll probably have an ace a good portion of the time, but I think he'll be bluffing often enough to make this a profittable play.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:45 PM

I see your point, but there may be a few more hands you can beat, if the pot was a few less BB's then you could probably fold, but it's not. Also, you may be encouraging people to take shots at you in the future given the way you played this hand. So I still say calling the river is a profitable play, especially when you consider future hands.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:48 PM

I like the preflop call.

I would try for a check-raise on the flop, and then decide how to play the rest of hand based on whether or not UTG 3-bets.

Given that you bet the flop and were called, I like the turn bet.

I also check this river. After UTG bets and MP3 folds, there is no one left to act behind you and 1 bet to call and see his cards. You need to win more than 8.7% of the time to make the call correct. It looks like his most likely holding is AK or AQ. If he's a decent player, I think he has you beat here more than 91.3% of the time.

On the other hand, I think a decent proportion of the Party .5/1 players are the type who will raise with any pair in any position and will bet when checked to, just because they have a pocket pair. If he is of this type, then he could also have 99 or a lower pocket pair. I don't think that's very likely, but it only needs to happen 1 out of 11.5 times to make calling correct.

So if you know absolutely nothing about UTG, then I think it's nearly a toss-up between calling and folding. Any little bit of information you have could tip the balance in one direction or the other.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:04 PM

`BLind Post`
Dude, that was way too passive. You had to at least call the river. At any rate, I would have bet, and considered folding to a raise, although I'd probably end up calling, 'cause I'm a calling station on a river raise...

EDIT: Yeah, don't bet the river, just call. Cheap showdown is good.