Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: whoring question

Start at a site with microlimits. It will take you a long time to clear the bonus, but personally I think you need some experience under your belt. The assumption stated on every whoring "how to" is that you play break even poker. I'm not sure you can after only a week. Are you gonna play Limit or NL?
Old 04-17-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"folding most hands and only play very strong hands"

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this is how you should be playing anyhow.

Before you start whoring, spend a few days/weeks (however long it takes for your order of "Winning Low Limit Hold'Em" by Lee Jones to shipped to you) playing at the play money tables somewhere. I'd recommend Party Poker, since you won't be missing out on any juicy rakeback/affiliate deals that may or may not be available on other sites.

Here's how it works. Open four limit play money tables, get a seat each one and fold every single hand except AA. When you do get AA, fold it as well.

Or...

Play every single hand you get.

Either start learning to fold, and fold regularly before the flop, or get the wackyness out of your system while the money isn't real.

Seriously, these are extremes, and there is some question to the merit of playing at the play money tables for the purposes of learning one's game.

I think they are good for three reasons primarily:
-Learning discipline.
-Learning the software.
-Learning the bare basics of how to play a variant of poker.

You are already on the right track.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:04 AM

I haven't decided in detail yet. I've tried play money mode and it seems to be quite easy to go up. For those guys who are 4-tabling to clear the bonus, are you still able to think and analyze your opponents? Or you just fold most of your hands?
Old 04-17-2005, 01:09 AM

I do between 4 to 6 tables my VP$IP is around 17% I fold so much I watch tv LOL. Is there any rush? Play only the strongest holdings. Why play anything else?

Dont GAMBLE, Learn the numbers! +EV.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:11 AM

Wow thanks so much for your input. I am reading the "Texas Hold'em for advance players" book and playing play money on Full Tilt, I seems to be constantly going up if I play with attention. It will take another few days to get my neteller account ready anyways, guess I will try to go through the whole book before I start to play real money. You guys are great!
Old 04-17-2005, 01:14 AM

how many hours do you play per month? 4-6 tabling still took you 3 months to whore just 7 sites? I didn't know it would require that much of work.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:17 AM

I play anywhere from 4-6 tables and I don't really have time to analyze opponents. However when I first started, I only played 1 table to study my opponents and to minimize my losses. I also took lots of notes. After my 1st 4 months, I had over 3000 notes on players.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:19 AM

I was in the same boat when I first lifted my head from the nano-limits. All the whoring opportunities seemed to overwhelm me.

I'm the same way about the Crypto sites, haven't played there yet, but after I finish all the party and skins bonuses, I'll give them a try.

Your roll is too small for effective bonus-whoring, though. You'll need $1000 to take advantage of the occasional reloads that come along (the 20% up to $200) ones, and a minimum of $500 for the party skin bonuses.

I'd recommend going to a site that offers .25/.50 and building your bankroll the old-fashioned way. By winning it through play.

The reason I suggest this instead of Crypto is for two reasons. 1) No need to tie up such a large % of your bankroll. 2) Crypto offers 1/2 as the lowest limit, which you don't have the roll to play.

Once you get up over $500, then hit all the party skins. Between initial deposit bonuses, IGM-PAY bonuses, ePassport bonuses, and the occasional reload you'll be busy for quite awhile.

Make sure you get rakeback somewhere. Check the classifieds for more info on this.

I'm in the IGM-Pay phase of this. After that, I am going to do the ePassport bonuses. Only then will I dedicate a portion of my bankroll to Crypto.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:20 AM

Thats a great tip, thank you! I don't think I will be able to multitable any time soon. =P
Old 04-17-2005, 01:25 AM

I still am very casual, Its really not that much work.

I play about 2 to 3 hours a day maybe every other day.

I work and do the girl friend thing. Since 2+2 I really wasn't aware of the bonus whore deal.

Now I am not happy unless I am working a bonus off.

I am sure sooner or later rake back will do away with whoring but for now it is padding my roll.

I fact it paid my way to costa rica next month [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Life just became easier, I make good money working but [censored] ill take free money if someone is offering.