Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Play back...

[ QUOTE ]
The way I see it, I wouldn't really be wanting to get allin against a maniac like that preflop at all unless its a monster, because the stacks are so deep. I understand that you wanted to take the pot down, but you're so not invested in the pot at all, you're putting 2000 in to potentially win 200, or at best be a coin flip if he calls. THe only way i see it against a maniac like that with huge stacks is just to wait for it...i don't know if i'm very wrong here but thats just the way i look at the situation

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you're saying, but there's a point where you have to play back at these kinds of players. He's destroying the table, dominating every hand, and you need to make him second guess himself. The play was made with a certainty that he wouldn't call. Having seen him make the same play 20 times in an hour, I believed that I was in the lead... and not by a little. I was playing my own image as well as his. There are only so many good hands in a deck, and I'm ahead of the rest of them. Clearly if he calls me, I'm in bad shape, but the play was made so that he wouldn't call me. Do you think I should sit around waiting for a better starting hand all night?
Am I wrong in thinking that the play itself was justified, despite what he had?