Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2005, 03:14 AM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.
Default Is this a donkbet and when (how many times) should I raise it?

Opponent is a donkey, by that I mean a loose passive fish.

Should I wait until the turn to raise instead? (to get the most out of it)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Donk calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Donk calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Donk bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Donk calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Donk bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Donk bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB
Old 04-16-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Is this a donkbet and when (how many times) should I raise it?

NO, this is a stop and go, a donkbet is when he checkcalls the flop and bets out on the turn.

Raise it more than half the time 60-70% of the time is good- means they can't auto three bet when they have a 6 (or fh or whatever) but they can't get away with betting their weaker hands as easily when you have AK
Old 04-16-2005, 04:32 AM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.

[ QUOTE ]
NO, this is a stop and go, a donkbet is when he checkcalls the flop and bets out on the turn.

Raise it more than half the time 60-70% of the time is good- means they can't auto three bet when they have a 6 (or fh or whatever) but they can't get away with betting their weaker hands as easily when you have AK

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you referring to the turn or flop here? Or should I again raise his lead on the turn 60-70% of the time after raising his lead on the flop.

And I would think that if they have trips or better, they will ALWAYS 3-bet the turn if I raised. I think I am just confused by your wording.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:36 AM

Raise the turn here 60-70% of the time- if you raise 100% of the time, anytime someone holds a strong hand they can get three bets out of you on the turn, thats what i meant by the 6 auto three betting you.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:58 AM

I usually just call the flop and raise the turn in a situation like (I raise pf and flop something strong and get led into HU).

Cartman
Old 04-16-2005, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually just call the flop and raise the turn in a situation like (I raise pf and flop something strong and get led into HU).

Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking that was a good line also. Get the double bet on the big bet street, and charge any draws that haven't come in when their odds are lower (than the flop).

The donkbettors are usually going to showdown from what experiences I've had. Do you ever take this line without a made hand?
Old 04-16-2005, 11:01 AM

Re: Flop Raise. I definitely raise this flop 100% of the time. I use to do tricky stuff like waiting for a safe turn card, but I went through some hands with a friend and he pointed out that I was losing money by not playing straightforwardly. If you wait till the turn, a card might come to kill your action or scare you off from raising.

Re: Turn/river. I am raising both streets and calling down if 3-bet. However, if you see your opponent using the stop&amp;go only with monsters, you must adjust your play.