Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2005, 09:13 AM

Default One more - QJs

Villain is 29/11/3 VPIP/PFR/AF so he is quite aggressive. Should I call him down? Once that turn card hits, I figure I'm toast, but maybe this is an easy call down anyways?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 04-16-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Re: One more - QJs

I think it's a good fold, you have to pay 2 BB if you wanna showdown, you are probably already behind even if an ace doesn't fall. Also villain isn't overly loose, his real vpip is probably much lower, so you can probably put him on a range of hands.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:47 AM

What about preflop? Was it a loose call? And what about raising the flop? Is that the right play? I figured top pair, decent kicker was worth protecting by making the field face two cold. Is that correct logic? Once he three-bets, he probably has an overpair or AJ, correct? I can't fold to the 3-bet, can I?
Old 04-16-2005, 10:00 AM

I think the preflop call is fine. Villain's PRF # isn't ungodly, plus QJs is nice but not a monster, so I don't think I would reraise.

The c/r on the flop is also good to try and clear out overs. I call the reraise and release it on the turn unimproved.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:01 AM

Looks like he has JJ, QQ, KK or AA.

If he has JJ or AA you are toast.

If he has QQ your Q out is no good.

If he has KK, you may just have the odds to call the turn.

I think a fold is best in this spot, there isnt much you will be good against here.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:04 AM

I'm also drawing dead against AJ on the turn. Or do you not think that is in his hand range? Do most people not 3-bet TPTK on the flop? I know I would. Is that a mistake?
Old 04-16-2005, 10:08 AM

yes that is certainly possible.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:12 AM

I would play it the same way.

Flop check/raise is perfect.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:12 AM

I think with 2 limpers already, calling is ok since you are given a slight discount out of the sb, and since the Villain is agressive, he could be raising anything from the button that is playable. Checkraising may protect your hand from overcards, but a flush draw will stay no matter what.
Yea villain didn't seem too worried about your checkraise, but you are getting 13 to 1 on your call, so calling one more is correct. If you don't improve on the turn then fold(like you did). I think you played it well.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero FOLDS <font color="blue"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold to the raise
Brian