Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Did I Pump This Draw Right?

Thought this was a good time for some check riases to pump up the draw. Misplay?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
Old 04-16-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Did I Pump This Draw Right?

Pre-flop: Honestly, I would have dropped the hand and not called.

Flop: You've got a nice draw, but why the 3bet? You didn't trap anyone. I would have called, and seen the next card. You already know you're going to get action, with 2 raisers.

Turn: I don't mind this raise, with the additional 3 outs... With 2 more callers, you'll break even.

River: Goes without saying. =(
Old 04-16-2005, 01:29 AM

Don't checkraise the turn. You only have 12 outs out of 46 unseen cards. You will only improve 26% of the time and you need 33% to justify a raise.

Learn the odds backward and forward so that you don't repeat this error.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:35 AM

I wouldn't have 3-bet the flop or popped the turn since they both need to be for value and there isn't enough of it in this situation..With the nut flush draw... or KQs then yes on the flop 3 bet.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:50 AM

You have a sucky T high flush draw dont be betting here.

The turn checkraise is very bad. You picked up a 1 card gutshot to go with your FD. Big deal you hand still sucks, just call.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:27 AM

"Turn: I don't mind this raise, with the additional 3 outs... With 2 more callers, you'll break even."

Try doing the math again.