Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Betting Overcards

[ QUOTE ]
Get him to fold what ?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, that was a bad suggestion on my part. i'm still trying to curb my UI overcard play. i have a leak there, i know. sorry for the bad advice [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2005, 10:51 AM

Yeah I'm fine with the turn bet too.

There are a lot of people out there who will merrily peel one off on the flop with anything but who will fold on the turn. Just becasue he called the flop doesn't mean you're not still ahead. Also, a turn bet might very well fold out bottom pair or somesuch if the turn did't help villian.

There's also another reason for betting the turn. If you bet the flop and then check behind on the turn, even Fishy McFish can find a river bet with rag-rag. I would far prefer to toss in a bet on the turn and get a free showdown on the river than check behind on the turn and have my opponent bet into me on the river.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's also another reason for betting the turn. If you bet the flop and then check behind on the turn, even Fishy McFish can find a river bet with rag-rag. I would far prefer to toss in a bet on the turn and get a free showdown on the river than check behind on the turn and have my opponent bet into me on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
The only time I wouldn't bet the turn HU when checked to is when I have a made hand and wanted to induce a bluff from an opponent on the river, maybe one who is overly tight and folds too much but likes to try and steal pots with aggression. I have no idea where you'd find that kind of opponent at these limits though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2005, 03:17 PM

I like the way you played this although it might be right to bet the river as well.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:21 PM

I would do the same almost every time and fold to a turn raise almost every time. Checking the river is good, only a better hand will call you if you bet (well, there are exceptions).
Old 04-15-2005, 06:34 PM

I like it all.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a turn bet might very well fold out bottom pair or somesuch if the turn did't help villian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was about to post.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:43 PM

I agree betting the turn in this case is spewing. Usually bet the turn. But you do not have even four outs in this case.

You are up against CO. He entered an unraised pot. What can he have.... well JTo or JTs for starters. I'm not saying he does, but the flopped made sraight COMBINED w/ the flush draw on the turn just don't make it worth my while for the 2.75 BB in the pot after the flop betting is done.

I would probably bet the flop if the flush draw didn't appear.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:03 PM

You played this hand like I would play this hand. Hoping high card might take it if I can't force a fold
Old 04-16-2005, 12:59 AM

i am terrible at over cards; i would have check folded the flop if he bet..i would check fold all the way down unless i paired up.

sweave1