Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 11:55 PM

Default hand critique

I'd like some feedback on a hand I played last night. Single table tourney, my first time playing with this group, and this hand was rather early on so I don't have much of a line on the players yet.
blinds 25, 50
im in the sb with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. it's folded to the button who limps. I limp (thoughts?), bb checks.

flop 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i lead out with 150(thoughts?). bb calls, button folds.

turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i bet another 150, bb raises to 300. i call(thoughts?)

river is the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] which scares me into checking.

bb bets 300.

i fold. which i no longer like
a bb hand that he checked pre flop could very well hit that board, but im now thinking, if he had a 6 and was semibluff raising wouldn't it have been better to do so on the flop in hopes of having me check the turn so he could see the river for free.

in light of his play the rest of the night he very well may have been overplaying any pair and my tptk stands to be good roughly half the time so with plenty of chips and 3-1 on my money. im thinking i should have called.

any feedback would be appreciated
Old 04-16-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: hand critique

How many people at the table? Stack sizes? Blind structure?

So far I'm not liking you folding to such a small river bet, and I think you're beating his two pair if you call.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: hand critique

8 people, 3000 to start,15 min rounds(25/50, 50/100, 75/150 etc)
this was like the sixth hand or so im at about 2700, hes in the 3500 range at the start of the hand.
if he had two pair, how would i win, jedi mind trick?
at the time i put him on chasing a straight, and getting there. but given the money in the pot and the fact that he really could have had anything, methinks i shoulda called