Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 04:03 PM

Default WSOP Steps - Please end my confusion (I am an idiot)

most would think that i would be smart enough to figure this out, but here is my question:

in the pp wsop steps, when you win a free roll to the next level or same level, is it a true free roll (entry fee included) or do you only get a free tournament entry and have to pay the entry fee?

i have assumed that it was a true free roll, and have been playing many many times without a thought. if pp is still charging me an entry fee, then i will have to be more careful how many times i play.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: WSOP Steps - Please end my confusion (I am an idiot)

It's a true freeroll, but the cash Steps have a lot more value than the WSOP Steps. Like, a LOT.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:29 PM

adanthar,

thanks for the confirmation, i thought it was a true free roll, but the answers to my last post got me so confused.

i agree that the cash steps are probably a better value for a good player (since time is money), but for someone like me (who isnt really good, and doesn't worry about the time is money concept since i just like to play) i have found my place in the wsop steps.

on my single entry fee, i have already played 10 tourneys, and have even gotten up to a step 5.

i have never finished first yet, and so will have to learn to close out if i want to win the wsop entry, but for my situation the wsop steps are great. i have played for many hours for like $ 75 or so (entered in at step 2) and even have a small chance to get a wsop entry.

party poker rulzzzzs! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2005, 05:28 PM

I don't play on party since I only have rakeback set up on empire, but i was just curious. WSOP steps are generally a bad deal, but because of this a lot of good players probably avoid them. Has anyone noticed this lead to a general lower level of play to help offset the poor structure/steep rake?
Old 04-15-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play on party since I only have rakeback set up on empire, but i was just curious. WSOP steps are generally a bad deal, but because of this a lot of good players probably avoid them. Has anyone noticed this lead to a general lower level of play to help offset the poor structure/steep rake?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, at all but the highest steps they are extremly fishie from what ive heard, still not worth playing though.

And to the OP:
The rake you pay is part of the prize you win, you are not paying it seperatly out of your account.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
party poker rulzzzzs! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Royal Vegas Poker has WSOP steps, and you can get in for $1.10 at the first level... much better deal IMO if you just wanna gambol for a long-shot at the WSOP.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:09 PM

For qualifying for WSOP, step quals have their appeals. I don't have that much time to play qualifiers to satellites and playing them. I bought in at step 5, and went 5-6-4-3-4-4-5-6-4-5-?. Still I wonder if it's better just to play a few satellites to get into WSOP.