Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Humberto Brenes- How good is he?

[ QUOTE ]
He has clearly shown an uncanny knack of deep finishes throughout the years to say he would be a better choice than any of the ones i have mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Doyle Brunson and TJ Cloutier have no history of deep finishes in high stakes NL Hold'em tournaments. I guess WSOP final tables don't count?
Old 04-15-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would take him in any BIG nl tourney over T.j., Doyle, Dutch Boyd, Scott Fshman, Antonio E., The unibomber, and Mike Mattusow. And its not even a close decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true- he would smoke fish like TJ and Doyle. Scott Fishman is a different story. Probably the best ever. THE BEST.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:42 PM

He wears two pairs of glasses and does a huge, exaggerated, standing motion where he waves both arms forward for all-in. Master those two techniques and you too shall be the best. If you could wear two pairs, but one of them upside-down like Marcel Luske, you'll never lose.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:14 PM

I thought he was quite good playing Rivenga (sic) in Scarface.

-Michael
Old 04-15-2005, 05:48 PM

I'm not Vince. And i love you as well.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:56 PM

Well they have had a history of deep final tables. But most of Doyle's accomplishments were years ago with small fields. And T.j's accomplishments were with smaller fields as well, although he can still get there sometimes. Just not as good at it as Humberto is. Imo Humberto is a tougher read than both T.J. and Doyle.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Imo Humberto is a tougher read than both T.J. and Doyle.

[/ QUOTE ]
Based on what information? I'm guessing that every hand you've seen any of them play has had their cards prominently displayed on screen.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:39 PM

It's based on my observation of there play. I have played with T.J. and watched him play alot. And from what i've seen from Doyle and Humberto on T.V. imo T.J and Doyle give info away on there hands that Humberto doesn't. For instance, when Doyle has a big hand he hollywoods bigtime! When he's bluffing he acts very fast saying "i'm all in" quickly. T.J. when someone bets into him on the flop will give away the strength of his hand by how fast he acts. If he calls a bet very quickly means he has something but tries to make you scared by acting so fast hoping he will get you to think he is strong to slow you down. So he has a hand he thinks might be good but he doesn't love it. Now when he acts a little smoother he has the nuts! Little things like these are examples of littel tells i have noticed from these guy. I understand it is a small sample size, but i've seen humberto play alot and have never seen him give such info away.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have played with T.J. and watched him play alot...imo T.J and Doyle give info away on there hands that Humberto doesn't. For instance, when Doyle has a big hand he hollywoods bigtime! When he's bluffing he acts very fast saying "i'm all in" quickly. T.J. when someone bets into him on the flop will give away the strength of his hand by how fast he acts. If he calls a bet very quickly means he has something but tries to make you scared by acting so fast hoping he will get you to think he is strong to slow you down. So he has a hand he thinks might be good but he doesn't love it. Now when he acts a little smoother he has the nuts! Little things like these are examples of littel tells i have noticed from these guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i nominate this for p.o.t.d.

seriously
Old 04-15-2005, 11:32 PM

I second.