Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 05:45 AM

Default Re: A new poker analysis site that i\'ve been working on

PokerStars now works flawlessly even for micro-limits, and I have added support for PokerStars STTs.

Working right now on adding support for Party/Empire STTs and UltimateBet histories.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:45 AM

watch that hand.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:45 AM

I'm still a bit confused about the "report card" section. I think I have an idea, so I'll explain, and you can tell me if I'm right.

Next to each action on each street there is a percentage. From what I gather, that percentage is corrolated to the average strength of my hand when I have taken that action during that game phase. For example:

Turn: Raise -> 86.66%
Does this mean that when I have raised on the turn I have had a hand that had, on average, an 86.66% chance of having the best hand at the current time?

Or does it mean something else?
Old 04-19-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still a bit confused about the "report card" section. I think I have an idea, so I'll explain, and you can tell me if I'm right.

Next to each action on each street there is a percentage. From what I gather, that percentage is corrolated to the average strength of my hand when I have taken that action during that game phase. For example:

Does this mean that when I have raised on the turn I have had a hand that had, on average, an 86.66% chance of having the best hand at the current time?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly right. However, those numbers are not quite perfect averages, because bigger bets have a bigger impact on the percentages than smaller bets, but conceptually it is right.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, thank you very much for bringing this up. I have accidentally been inflating the report card numbers, and now I am working on a fix for it. (The numbers were inflated in a linear way, so the actual grading isn't going to change, but the numbers will).
Old 04-19-2005, 10:00 PM

Alright, major change to algorithm is done. Now the statistics are dead accurate and very insightful. If you haven't tried it out in a while, check out the demo page (linked on the front page of PokerGrader), and look at the new stats that are in now in the Luck section.

Next addition is to add on support for ultimatebet + Pokerroom.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:59 AM

Bug: Player name is case sensitive

repro scenario:
1. enter a name in all lower case to the PG web site (saint_d)
2. upload a hand history that has the same name in mixed case (Saint_D)

Expect: Poker Grader will not be case senstive, or will give an error stating the player was not found (Maybe with a list to pick from).

Result: blank report card.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bug: Player name is case sensitive

repro scenario:
1. enter a name in all lower case to the PG web site (saint_d)
2. upload a hand history that has the same name in mixed case (Saint_D)

Expect: Poker Grader will not be case senstive, or will give an error stating the player was not found (Maybe with a list to pick from).

Result: blank report card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, you know I found that bug about 20 minutes ago when I accidentally typed in my own username wrong and it didn't even give me a report card.

I am just going to make an auto-detect feature that finds the username based on who is dealt cards and uses that instead of asking for it.

But for now just make sure you type in the username in the exact fashion that it is listed in the hand histories and it will all work fine.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:46 PM

I am going to work on adding UlimtateBet and PokerRoom tonight (very similar formats), so if anybody has some UltimateBet or PokerRoom hand histories, please email them to pokergrader@gmail.com

Also, on a somewhat comical note:

EmpirePoker stumbled upon and the site and decided they would set me up a special bonus code just for pokergrader that offers a 40% up to $100 bonus instead of the usual 20% up to $100. So if anybody is looking for a way to support pokergrader, that would probably be the easiest. I doubt it beats the offers from the rakeback sites or the other sites, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I was just surprised when I got an email from EmpirePoker that they were interested in the site!
Old 04-22-2005, 11:31 AM

Hi,

-In the potential profit/actual profit graph, what is the x-axis ? I assumed that it was the "ev" of every hand voluntarily played. However in the thread you mention that a
a winning player should have a graph with positive slope. I'm confused.

-How is bluffing graded ?

I like the site. Maybe you might want to make the software standalone as well.