Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 08:21 AM

Default Blind defense line for 1/2

Just started playing party 1/2 against and had to start defending some blinds. I used this line (check raise with nothing) a few other times against different players during the session and it worked each time.
I just made sure that the opponent was an agressive player who was capable of folding.

Villian for this hand is 24.09 VPIP , 18.98 PFR, and 57.14 in Att. to steal blinds. What do you guys think of doing something like this in general against this type of player? Too lagish or just right?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 3.75 BB
Old 04-15-2005, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Blind defense line for 1/2

Defending the blinds is so tricky due to the out of position factor.

Its likely the flop missed him, and a check raise is much better than betting out and getting raised.

I like it, I'd also fold to a 3-bet unless hes insane.