Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Going crazy w/10 7o, am I spewing on the flop?

Just sat down (I posted as you can see), so I don't have any reads.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

I assume checked PF is standard?

Flop: (5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

With one player trapped between us I figured the combo of going for a free card and a value raise with my OESD I raised. Once it gets 3-bet and the caller calls, I figure I might go for a free card with a cap...is this spewing or is this OK?

Turn: (8.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Well, I hit my miracle card, the rest plays itself.

River: (20.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB
Old 04-15-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Going crazy w/10 7o, am I spewing on the flop?

I tend to call the 3-bet on the flop. you may have someone trapped between you, but you will rarely get a free card here. and on top of that, you probably dont have the equity to be jamming this hard.

btw, you turn g00t.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:23 AM

posting in MP2 is -ev

on the flop, I agree with the raise, since its ragged, but I think the cap is too much
Old 04-15-2005, 01:24 AM

I don't think an OESD has an equity edge against 2 players, so you might just call the 3-bet when it comes back. The possibility of getting a free river card does probably make the cap perfectly acceptable though.

Nice hand.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:27 AM

I think that capping the flop rarely will give you a free card (the raise is fine). More importantly it might lose you some action on the more expensive streets (obviously this didn't happen in this situation).
Old 04-15-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
posting in MP2 is -ev

on the flop, I agree with the raise, since its ragged, but I think the cap is too much

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as far as I can tell.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:31 AM

I don't know about raising the flop. The problem is it could shut out SB and BB, and UTG could 3-bet making UTG+1 fold. This would kill your equity here, getting 4:3 when you could have had 2:1 or better. Better relative position to UTG+1 makes this easier. Now that UTG 3bet and you still have 2 others in, a cap is good for the times you get a free card, I think it's pretty even EV-wise. The rest looks good.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:38 AM

- I would recommend joining the table at the CO or BB.

- I don't like the flop raise because even though you've trapped one, your asking two players to call two cold while your on a draw. If you make your hand it will probably be best unless someone has JT and you cannot protect your hand against them because they won't fold no matter what you do. There is no flush draw to worry about.

- Your flop cap looks good to me with two opponents plus the hope of getting a free card on the turn.

- Turn gOOt
Old 04-15-2005, 01:46 AM

You have to be pretty sure at least one out of the the two people behind you are going to cold call if you want to raise the flop. By default I would probably just call.

Horrible flop cap. Your equity is only 32%, but you're putting in 33% of the money. Capping to get a free card is a bad reason if it's your only reason.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to be pretty sure at least one out of the the two people behind you are going to cold call if you want to raise the flop. By default I would probably just call.

Horrible flop cap. Your equity is only 32%, but you're putting in 33% of the money. Capping to get a free card is a bad reason if it's your only reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Equity is 32% and I'm putting in 33.3%, right? Well, I think implied odds make up for that and then some (and they did, did you see it go to 4 bets on the turn?). Losing 1% isn't all that bad and I think I will get a free card 5-10% of the time with a cap. If he had Ax with TP, then he might fear 2 pair or a set because of the cap...