Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Tuan Lee - luckiest mofo in WPT history after Eric Brenes?

[ QUOTE ]
Tuan Lee in my mind is absolutely awful. Played almost every single hand, said Raise the most gayest way possible, doesnt know how to throw away a hand, got lucky twice to win 2 big pots that he shouldnt of won and then to top it off he cant even throw his chips in right. I really don't know how he even made it to the final table.

Thats just me though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Sexton said something to the effect that his play resembled Gus Hansen's. I agree =)
Old 04-14-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tuan Lee in my mind is absolutely awful. Played almost every single hand, said Raise the most gayest way possible, doesnt know how to throw away a hand, got lucky twice to win 2 big pots that he shouldnt of won and then to top it off he cant even throw his chips in right. I really don't know how he even made it to the final table.

Thats just me though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Sexton said something to the effect that his play resembled Gus Hansen's. I agree =)

[/ QUOTE ]

only on the surface....they're both aggerssive, yes...but Gus plays with skill, reading his opponent's hands very well and making plays with garbage because of it.

Lee just blindly raises without regard for what the other guy has. He's no good. Period.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thats just me though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

only on the surface....they're both aggerssive, yes...but Gus plays with skill, reading his opponent's hands very well and making plays with garbage because of it.

Lee just blindly raises without regard for what the other guy has. He's no good. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a moron if you think that you can tell how good he is by watching that broadcast. Period.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thats just me though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a moron if you think that you can tell how good he is by watching that broadcast. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well how about if I said I've played 5-10 NL and 30-60 with him many times? And I still think he's bad.

Period.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:51 PM

You can't tell if someone got lucky by watching TV. If Tuan picked up as many pots as Barry G. hints at, and then draws out, he is not getting lucky. If you and I are headsup with 10,000 chips, and I steal 5,000 from you, and then go all in with A9 to your AK, and win, I am not purely sucking out. Do you see why? Anyone who has read Supersystem should be aware of this.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This struck me funny... I'm getting strange looks at work.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't tell if someone got lucky by watching TV. If Tuan picked up as many pots as Barry G. hints at, and then draws out, he is not getting lucky. If you and I are headsup with 10,000 chips, and I steal 5,000 from you, and then go all in with A9 to your AK, and win, I am not purely sucking out. Do you see why? Anyone who has read Supersystem should be aware of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

hail, hail. there was a reason tuan made all those raises- and that a-k vs. k-k hand was either a bad read or overconfidence if berman has j-j down he probably folds. (but that was pretty brutal - kudos to berman for taking it well) I couldn't stand temp - ever all-in to him was absolute drama - "what could you have what could you have" I can't be the only one who thinks that 1.2 mil call with a-7 was horrible - he played suited cards religiously - probably would've folded if a club had been exposed instead of the seven!
Old 04-15-2005, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
An accountant named Temp?

That's like a poker player named Busted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I've seen that Temp has posted on these boards, including commenting on the WPT tournament he placed 2nd in, I feel bad for making the joke.

for Temp!
Old 04-15-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or like ones named Bott or Moneymaker.... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2005, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I've seen that Temp has posted on these boards, including commenting on the WPT tournament he placed 2nd in, I feel bad for making the joke.

for Temp!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry - I am not that easily offended.