Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Newbie here

Okay, no results next time. What's the reasoning?
Old 04-14-2005, 10:13 AM

Oh yeah, we're toast. But I could imagine QQ/JJ playing the same way (total donk, but this is .05/.10).

Also one factor I left out, is of course, a read. A true TAG playing the same as the villian would check-raise this river (would have made the villian a lot more money). So, hes probably not bright, and we might be able to put him as being a semi-bluffer with AT or something. *shrugs*
Old 04-14-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, and welcome. I'd focus on replying to hands rather than posting your own (unless you've got something REALLY tricky). Don't worry about a bad reply, a resident 2+2er will always correct/argue with you. Don't be afraid to contribute.

Anyway, on with the hand, I play it the same. Its a bad beat, theres nothing you can do. Its poker, just accept.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the forums. Yep, what he said.. In fact, posting wrong answers about hands is probably about the fastest way to learn the right moves!

This hand is 100% straight forward, every action you made was easily the right action, no question. Looks like you lost unless he's betting you have 2 overcards, but oh well, next hand...

Edit: I read the river action wrong, I though he DID checkraise it, which would be an easy call.. I'd definately without question CALL the river bet, not raise it.. Sry bout that,
Old 04-14-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It may skew the advice from those posters who don't have the willpower to not look at the results [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2005, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its just about giving us the same information that was available to you at the time. Unless of course your cheating, in which case you don't really need to be posting here [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2005, 10:19 AM

Nevermind. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree that raising the river is "easily" the right decision. It may be closer than I think but it's still pretty marginal.

What do you put villain on that we are still beating well enough to risk driving out the two potential callers behind us for the opportunity to face a 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I agree, see edit...
Old 04-14-2005, 10:23 AM

Personally I'd just call the river bet.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:35 AM

Welcome.

You played this hand okay until the river. I really think that villian is giving away his hand -- I mean he is basically telling you, "hey, I have a six." This kind of bet is a dead give away. Many loose and clueless players will do this instead of checkraising. Of course you have to call it down (as they will make silly bluffs often enough to make calling profitable), but I don't think you should raise.

EDIT: Others mentioned calling to go for overcalls. I agree that this is another reason to just call. Others have explained this well.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:15 AM

I would just call the river bet, especially since you can get overcalls and you probably have to call a 3-bet since the pot will be extremely large and you beat almost any hand that doesn't have a six.
For what it's worth, it's pretty close as in my experience the guy doesn't have a 6 here as often as people seem to think. Heads up I would always raise.