Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Fold, Call, Raise... considered all three

I put UTG on a PP that is 10's or less. He puts you on a PP or a high flush draw. Two aces hit the flop, he fears the BB has Ax or if he has the A, he fears the flush draw. So he checks. BB doesn't act like he has Ax unless he is slow playing. Your bet confirms the UTG read on you.

The third A hits. BB is a tool and either hit it lucky with his Ax or thinks his K7 is now a monster since he has a full house.

UTG possibly has the quads now. More likely his pocket 8, 9 or 10's look to be fearsome here. No longer fearing the flush bets. He should have you on A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or KK, QQ. He may be trying to push you off the best hand. He may not have a solid read on you. Maybe he can't recall you were a PF raiser, or he is so excited about his full house he not thinking about your cards enough.

With two players in this, try to get as much money into the pot as you can. You may lose, but someone 3rd here and I don't think it's you.

If BB is a tool, then Ax is his favorite hand. He may also have any pocket pair or K7s. He may win this this time, but you just can't fear the quads that much 3 handed.

At the table I say hero caps. Only two hands beat you. BB could have any two cards, so it's a good bet he is losing. UTG would most likely have capped PF with hands that beat you. At this point you fear a king or an ace on the board more than the other players.

Results?
Old 04-13-2005, 07:15 PM

Default RESULTS

I reraised, BB capped, and UTG called.

River was junk (like it mattered). BB bet, UTG called, and I called. BB showed Ax for the quads, UTG showed KK for aces full of kings, and I was beat from the word go. Wow.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:46 PM

I 3 bet and slow down to a cap, only behind a lone A or KK, one of them probably has a 7 and the other could have a pocket pair, I am deifnitely seeing a showdown.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
I reraised, BB capped, and UTG called.

River was junk (like it mattered). BB bet, UTG called, and I called. BB showed Ax for the quads, UTG showed KK for aces full of kings, and I was beat from the word go. Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]
Weird sh[/b]it happens in poker. Nice hand.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:19 PM

I like the raise here. I'm pretty sure BB would love to check raise you if he had the A. Also, UTG would probably call with an A, trying to drag you into the pot here also. I think you're only really worried about KK, which would probably cap preflop.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:21 PM

I just read the results. I am a tool.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:27 PM

Yeah, I lost the hand but I'm still reraising the turn next time.