Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Satellites at the Rio for 2005 WSOP?

I heard the single-table and super satellites will be held at the Rio this year along with all the events for the 2005 WSOP. Does anyone know where I can get a daily schedule for these satellites? Also, will there be satellites for the smaller events like the $1500 and $2000 buy-in events?
Old 04-10-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Satellites at the Rio for 2005 WSOP?

From what I am told there are 100+50 dollar buy ins for a single table satellite forthe 1500 events attherio. Thats all i know. So im hoping for more info as well...
Old 04-10-2005, 04:27 PM

Where did you hear this?

I would like to play in satellites for the smaller tournaments. I wish they were offering those online...
Old 04-10-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where did you hear this?

I would like to play in satellites for the smaller tournaments. I wish they were offering those online...

[/ QUOTE ]

I, and everyone else, wish they were offering satellites to the smaller events online, they are not however. I spoke with a poker manager-type-person at the Rio and they confirmed that they will be holding satellites (both single table and multi table) for each of the smaller events on the TWO DAYS PRECEDING each event. You can however use the buy-in chips they give you for any of those satellites for any of the tournaments, its just that the structure for each of them is set up for a specific tournament.

For example, the day before the $5000 stud tournament all of the multitable satellites will pay as many $5000 prizes as possible and then give cash to a few people below that. The sit and go single table things are the same, like $600 buy in with one first prize. The 5 grand you win there can then be used for any of the other tourmanents if you want. Obviously the satellites get more expensive and less expensive daily, based on the upcoming two tournaments.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:03 AM

so am i to take it there wont be smaller sattelites until twodays before the actual event???? know anywere in vegas that wil lhave something this month?
Old 04-13-2005, 06:29 PM

Single table satellites begin May 1 at the Rio. They will be running satellites that award $1000 in tournament entry chips ($500 x 2) which can be used for any WSOP event, and they will also be having single table satellites that award a main event seat.