Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 04:26 PM

Default 100 party NL

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

BB ($52.15)
UTG ($227.25)
MP ($112.05)
Hero ($216.6)
Button ($96.85)
SB ($99)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4</font>, MP calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $6, MP calls $6.

Flop: ($31.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $25</font>, MP calls $25,

whats a good line? UTG is a loose passive calling station that has been hiting and MP is a new player just sat down no reads on him not sure what to do im kinda new to NL
Old 04-13-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: 100 party NL

I'll probably get flamed by saying this but I don't like the reraise with AK preflop. I would have called preflop, then re-raised the flop to define my hand, If user doesn't slow down on the turn I'd probably have to lay this hand down, but i suspect he'll check the turn so will mp ... thus maintaining some pot control. Then I'll call a reasonable sized rvr bet.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If user doesn't slow down on the turn I'd probably have to lay this hand down, but i suspect he'll check the turn so will mp ... thus maintaining some pot control.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with checking the turn is you give MP who may be on a flush draw a free card. if a non-club card falls on the turn and both villains check, i bet 1/2 pot. this is after calling on the flop.

and yes, preflop i like cold-calling better.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:47 PM

I guess im really weak tight, when the utg bet the pot and the other guy called it i thought my hand was no good with probably little chance of improving and folded. I guess this is a really weak line? i reraised preflop cause i knew he would call with a weaker ace, but i just couldn't think i was ahead of both of them, i guess folding this flop is to weak and i need to work on my game.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:15 PM

I don't think it's all that weak.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:18 PM

Its not THAT weak. TPTK is not a hand to get into it with. I kind of figure you are against a better hand at this point because of the caller. I put one of them on QQ or AQ (small possibility that someone has A2 or 22).

I might call because I have position and see how the turn develops.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:28 PM

i call.

you've got the Ac, and i think a low club will get checked around. the hand i'm most worried about right now is AQ. has the loose passive utg been betting his hands that he's been hitting hard? if so, then a fold isn't bad. if not, then i call, because i'm curious and my hand isn't bad.

but curiosity did kill the cat.

stealthcow-
Old 04-13-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: ($31.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $25</font>, MP calls $25

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop: good reraise. you can make it more given your position ($12)

Line1: You can push and probably take it down, or get called by a worse Ace from UTG.
Downside is that MP may have AQ

Plus side is that UTG will probably call here with flush draw, and you can't have played it better than that.

Line2: Min raise to 50, or 60, and see what happens. You will have to go all in if reraised unless you really feel MP has you beat. Line2 is basically playing your AK like the nuts and trying to get more money in the pot without shutting anybody out.

Line3: Call and feel out MP on the turn. If no club comes, or broadway card put the rest of your chips in.

The problem with this hand is that with UTG betting 25 you prob have his hand beat but who knows what MP is doing - its going to be tought to get away from. Bottom line is that the 100 6max is such a zoo that the majority of the time you are ahead here. How you get your money in depends on you. If you want to tip toe around the hand and deal with some more scare cards just call. Tough spot because of MP.

I'd go with the push.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll probably get flamed by saying this but I don't like the reraise with AK preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You idiot.

jk. This works very well to disguise your hand against AQ, AJ, or a board of TQJ. I like it - too many times I have gotten away from AQ prelop or after the flop after a tightie has reraised or bet an ace flop hard.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:59 PM

Pushing is a crime here.