Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Am I Fish?

I suspect you are a troll.

Stu
Old 04-13-2005, 01:25 PM

I make this call too. I don't like it that button capped, but I expect at least five players to see this flop.

That's good enough to try and flop a set, imo.

And it appears that these players will likely give you action if you do flop one.

I'm gone on the flop for two bets though not closing the action. I hate the flop call.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:30 PM

Realistically, only the flop play really sucked, the river probably should have been a c/r, as the 4-card straight scared him into just calling instead of getting 2 bets out of him, but otherwise...

PF 14:3 immediately, and let's face it, most likely no one is folding so that gives us 21:3, or 7:1. As someone mentioned the implied odds make this an easy call, even considering set-over-set, and given the action we can probably slow down if an A or K shows up.

The turn is an easy call at 26.5 to 2 or 13 to 1. We've got 6 outs, if no one noticed the gutshot.

So yeah, the flop sucked horribly, but everything else was pretty standard. I'm actually surprised people advocate folding PF and the turn. It'd be a clear mistake.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you routinely cold-call 3.5 bets with a trash pair, out of position, vs. 3 pre flop raises? I can't think this is a good call.

[/ QUOTE ]
When it's apparent there's 5-6 people seeing the turn and also apparent I'll get lots of action postflop I don't even think twice about it. I think it's an easy preflop call.

Postflop is really bad though.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:35 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

[ QUOTE ]

The turn is an easy call at 26.5 to 2 or 13 to 1. We've got 6 outs, if no one noticed the gutshot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Even if it's capped by CO and button, u'll be getting 31.5:4 which will cover your 6 outs and make it close to break even. I'm not sure that the river is an auto c/r though. I don't mind betting out in this situation.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With the way this guy played I was 99% sure he had AA and not TT for top set.
I dont use poker tracker but this guy plays his top pair any kicker like its the nuts, so I figured I had the pot odds here to be calling this to river.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the other 4 to 6 people who were in the hand with you at any given point?
Old 04-13-2005, 02:50 PM

Well I agree that my flop call was terrible, but yeah the turn call was routine, pot so big 6 outs.

anyway there was that chance of higher set, but given the way the players were at this table I couldn't put them on a set. I'm not going to describe each player in the hand, but I think it was safe to play for the set.

I thought the aggressor would check behind on the river because it was a 1 card to straight and he's already done making people pay to see more cards, although he probably would've bet and called my CR.

BTW, I'm also surprised people are saying fold preflop, People would call with any 2 cards for just 4$ more after they put in 4$ with so much action and players in preflop.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I agree that my flop calls were terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post, fish.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:18 PM

I don't really care about preflop, its probably fine. But you need to ditch this ASAP on the flop.

-SmileyEH
Old 04-13-2005, 05:41 PM

Actually, I feel this was the best flop you could have asked for with your sevens. I personally would have ditched them out of position with a cap in front of me. You could be dominated in so many ways even if you hit bottom set. Long run you will lose more than win calling a cap COLD. Glad you hit on the river though.