Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Fees on Visa Debit Card anyone?

Is anyone getting charged 1% extra for using their Debit cards to make deposits? Here is my situation. On April 1st, I deposited $200 on Ultimate Bet and got charged $202 when it cleared my bank account. I thought this was odd because I had used this card 2 weeks earlier on UB to deposit $400 and only got charged the $400. I called UB and they reassured me that they do not charge extra for use of these cards. I felt like maybe it was an just fluke and went about my business. Well on April 9th, I deposited $500 on Empire using the same card and noticed today that $505 was taken out of my account for this transaction. The next day, the 10th, I used this card to start my Neteller account for $650 which Neteller charged me another $25.35 in fees for a grand total of $675.35. Well you guessed it, $682.10 was taken from my account for this transaction.

I called my bank about this today and they said they never charge for use of the Visa debit card and if they had a charge it would show up as a fee instead of being added on the withdrawal amount which makes sense. But someone is taking an extra 1% from these transaction as of April 1st. Before that I had no problem. I'm leaning towards thinking it has to be my bank just because this was 3 different sites that this happened on. I haven't contacted Neteller or Empire yet to see if they are doing this but I'm sure I will get the standard response of that's not out policy. Anyone else get charged these fees?
Old 04-13-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Fees on Visa Debit Card anyone?

bump
Old 04-13-2005, 01:51 PM

I have no idea about the fee...but why not connect your bank account directly to something like Neteller or IGM-Auto Pay? (Other than using your debit card?)

I have seen no extra fees from these services.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:30 PM

Yeah, I'd just take the extra time to get a Neteller account. It takes about a week to get your bank account verified, and then there are no fees if you use the EFT deposit option.

On top of this, if you live in Canada, you can withdraw from Party Skins w/o any fee either using the EFT option with Party et. al. They absorb the cost of the exchange rate! w00t!