Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 09:16 PM

Default I hope [url]www.aceflop.com[/url] registrar gets severe chronic jock itch

What if you had to *deposit* to chat on party.. no cash.. shut up at the tables.

Sounds good to me.

Matt

PS: Not sure why this rubs me so wrong.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: I hope [url]www.aceflop.com[/url] registrar gets severe chronic jock itch

Limiting chat to funded real money accounts would go a long way toward eliminating spamming. I like this idea.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: I hope [url]www.aceflop.com[/url] registrar gets severe chronic jock itch

why not just block onserver chat? i think that would be easy enough to program....
Old 04-12-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why not just block onserver chat? i think that would be easy enough to program....

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there are people who do actually watch others play and chat with them while doing so. Why penalize them? By limiting chat to funded real money accounts only you eliminate spammers and continue to allow the customers to interact when they wish. It does shut out play money players but they are not customers(at least not yet).
Old 04-12-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope www.aceflop.com registrar gets severe chronic jock itch

[/ QUOTE ]
I really like the way you said this. Sometime people are like "I hate you, I hope you get AIDS and die." No, I don't really want anyone to get AIDS. Even people I hate. That's awful. But there are a lot of people I would like to see get chronic severe jock itch.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:35 PM

By limiting chat to funded real money accounts only you eliminate spammers and continue to allow the customers to interact when they wish.

you logic is based on the premise that spammers dont/cant have real money accounts... and therefore flawed. i dont see any need for chat to be enabled for observers. if you dont have the money to sit that game then you should not be allowed to shoot the shiet with the players at that table. railbirders can be just as unsavory as spammers.

cubs
Old 04-12-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you logic is based on the premise that spammers dont/cant have real money accounts... and therefore flawed.

[/ QUOTE ]

They certainly can have real money accounts, but I would bet most of them do not because spamming could get their account closed. This particular spammer opens at least 2 accounts per day, I would be very surprised if he deposited each time. I like this plan for stopping this guy.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:52 PM

Party may have the odd spammer but it's nowhere near as bad as the hordes of railbirds asking to be transferrered $1.50 over at BeggarStars!
Old 04-12-2005, 11:58 PM

If he had his $50 deposit taken away every time he tried to spam I suspect that would put a quick end to his multiple-accounts practices.

I'm not terribly keen on rail-birds either...but I think Party allows them because their goal is to create a social-atmosphere via the chat-boxes.
Friends can be made there or "Hey....want to come join me in the such-and-such tourney?"

That's the ideal anyway....but in reality it's just used to call people gay or morons, spam the 'guaranteed to beat party' products as well as rakeback, and online-panhandle for $5.

Since it appears Party is going to continue to allow observer chat in spite of how it is usually abused they could at least make it dependant on depositing so that at least party has SOME leverage.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:17 AM

Well they do care spmewhat. You can't type www.aceflop.com in the chat anymore. They spam with "www. aceflop .com" now.

Limiting chat at cash tables to funded cash accounts is a good solution.

I guess it's not that big a deal though. I mean the guy only spams 70,000 ppl every 2 hours and the partypoker cracked page IS hilarious..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Matt