Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 08:17 PM

Default KK....standard here?

Reads: UTG+1 is loose/bpassive
MP1 is somewhat loose agro preflop, but pretty tame after the flop, with 26 hands he's 30.77/15.38//71

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds....
Old 04-12-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: KK....standard here?

If you plan on folding without help on turn i dont think calling raise is even worth it.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:23 PM

I'm folding this flop when it came back to me check-raised and called.

Mike Emery
Old 04-12-2005, 08:26 PM

No, i'm folding because I can only beat him if he's C/R me with a 9. Before I had redraws against a hand like 10-9. Now I don't. Thats why I folded the turn.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:35 PM

Flopped aces in low-limit Party Poker freak me out. So very many players play loose aces that whenever I see one, I just automatically assume that someone's got a pair of 'em.

Preflop is obviously fine.
Flop: I might be maniac/stupid but I'm TEMPTED to reraise for information, intending to fold a cap bet. Yeah, I know it sounds stupid, but if it gives me the peace of mind to fold the turn/river bet when the board blanks, I'm happy.

Here's an alternative: you bet/call the flop, turn card comes 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], MP1 bets. Now what do you do? If you can't decide whether MP1 has a T9 or an A, you might wind up calling all the way down (1 or 2 more BBs). The flop reraise costs you only 1/2 BB and teaches you much that you'd want to know.

Is this totally befuddled thinking?

P.S.: If I trust MP1 to bet only strength, then I think I just fold his flop raise and move on to the next hand. This will depend entirely on how tame he is post-flop. A typical LAP/fish with &lt;0.5 and I'm out on the flop raise.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:48 PM

Fold on the flop, and if NOT definitely fold on the turn.