Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: What Is The Rule On A Muck ?

[ QUOTE ]
I call for a ruling which of course is that his hand is dead, while he keeps saying that he didn't "hear" the bet, even though it was right in front of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That rule may be different in different cardrooms. In some, turning a hand over before action is complete kills the hand no matter how many are in the pot. In others, its OK heads up. So in those rooms the ruling would be that his hand is live and the action is on him and you would have made the mistake by letting him see your hand before he acts.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whose trying to steal pots?
i just said the guy should keep quiet
if the dealer or i see the cards, the guy wins.
if hes trying to muck them and some guy stops him, id be angry, but im sure youd be happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably just accept defeat and not try and argue. He had the best hand, he should have won. If it was online, you wouldn't have a chance to call the floor over and whine and complain, the pot would have been awarded to him with no chance of a dealer screwing anything up.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whose trying to steal pots?
i just said the guy should keep quiet
if the dealer or i see the cards, the guy wins.
if hes trying to muck them and some guy stops him, id be angry, but im sure youd be happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably just accept defeat and not try and argue. He had the best hand, he should have won. If it was online, you wouldn't have a chance to call the floor over and whine and complain, the pot would have been awarded to him with no chance of a dealer screwing anything up.

[/ QUOTE ]
and when you misclick fold online, do they help you and let you back in the pot?
Old 04-12-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That rule may be different in different cardrooms.

[/ QUOTE ]
How can one learn all the rules of a particular cardroom when they visit? Do they have a booklet or something you can ask to read?
Old 04-12-2005, 03:52 PM

Some do, but most do not [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. I ask the regulars about procedures if I'm new to a room. The nuances don't get you into trouble very often, if you play a fair amount of B&M, and stick to the normal procedures. (e.g. act in turn, don't move your chips forward in your hand unless you intend to bet, announce your action or have the correct amount of chips in your hand, turn your hand over at the showdown and hold on to it until it's read by the dealer, etc.)