Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: My Conversation with Empire about my Party account

That makes a lot of sense. So until someone reports that their account gets frozen I can keep whoring on all the skins.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:00 PM

I made an account at Party, and later learned about rakeback, so I made an account at Empire. Both are funded from the same bank account, and I had heard you should do whatever you could to keep your accounts as separated as possible so things don't get messed up, and so you don't permanently nuke your chances of getting rakeback. So I handled all my Empire business through a second e-mail account.

Well, some months down the line I developed a problem at Empire and contacted them about that account. Or so I thought.

Actually, I got stupid sloppy -- maybe I was buzzed that night? -- and e-mailed Party instead of Empire to complain about my problem on Empire, telling them my Empire user ID and the e-mail I used not for Party but for empire. The staff at Party resolved my issues at Empire quickly and without a word, and the return e-mails to me were from Party the whole time.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:13 PM

Yeah...this is pretty much what happened when I opened my intertops account.

I think they just call to check as some sort of security measure. Just to make sure you aren't going to say "holy Crap!! That wasn't me!! Did some guy steal my name and account info?" or whatever.

But basically when opening an account a skin...or when closing an account...you typically don't need to make up an excuse. Just say "yes....that's me...I opened the account at empire."
or, "I would like to close my account at xxxx. Thanks."

we have learned from a couple posts that lying and/or making up an excuse (such as "i want to close the account because I have a gambling problem") can lead to further problems such as them freezing your account or not allowing you to open another account, etc etc.

I have NEVER heard of anyone having a problem just for having accounts at different skins.
I have heard of some people getting caught for having multiple accounts at the same skin though....but tyipcally it was just party telling them 'you can only have one account at party...so pick which one you want to keep and we'll transfer the money from the other account to that one for you.'

It's possible the penalties for having more than one account on a given skin are more severe than this though.
But there appear to be zero penalties for having single accounts on multiple skins assuming you can get on a computer and set up the account in the first place.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:17 PM

Can you please post Empire phone number?
Old 04-12-2005, 03:22 PM

This reminds me of a funny Empire500 story. I made my wife an account and they also wanted to call and verify. Remember to prep before the call.

Tech: Is this "mywfie"
Wife: Yes.
Tech: Address and phone number.
Wife: Blah blah.
Tech: Do you know your husband?
Wife: Uhh <panic> no! <hang up the phone>

I burst into laughter and explained to not lie about anything. Used the I didn't understand him excuse and got the account created.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:22 PM

I did encounter one operator who said that I wouldn't be allowed to create an account at her skin because I already had one at another skin, then she put me on hold, came back and set it up with no other problem...

"...i play without any table selection and never leave the table until there are no more players to stand against me..." - Peter Rus
Old 04-12-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"...i play without any table selection and never leave the table until there are no more players to stand against me..." - Peter Rus

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this quote MUCH more interesting than the rest of the thread.

Peter is a successful, winning player at 15/30 and it's interesting that he flies in the face of SO MANY 2+2'ers who would list table-selection as being vitally important.

I'm somewhere between Peter Rus and 'the majority' on this issue.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:24 PM

My quote is more like:

...i play without any table selection but always leave the table once it's shorthanded to preserve my low VP$IP so 2+2ers won't call me a lag...
Old 04-12-2005, 06:16 PM

When I created my PokerNow account, they called me and asked me about my Party and Empire accounts. I told them that I like to play lots of tables. They were fine with it. They actually said you're allowed to have multiple skin accounts, just not multiple accounts on one skin.

I have Party, Empire, PokerNow, and Eurobet accounts and I've never had any problems.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Link anyone?

I find this quote MUCH more interesting than the rest of the thread.

Peter is a successful, winning player at 15/30 and it's interesting that he flies in the face of SO MANY 2+2'ers who would list table-selection as being vitally important.

I'm somewhere between Peter Rus and 'the majority' on this issue.

[/ QUOTE ]