Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Please be brutal

Haven't looked at other replies, but here is what I'd do in these hands:

Hand 1: Pretty much horrible play here, and it's a lesson one must learn to become successful in tourney play. A-J offsuit, and IMO A-J suited is an automatic fold playing 7-10 handed UTG. The only thing you can hope for is a coin flip or you are dominated in this spot. Period.

Hand 2: I guess if you think the button is a complete maniac, then raising with K-J could work, but it's in the middle of a tourney, no antes, and probably not tons of reads either. So I'd call in this spot knowing the normal raising criteria on the button, maybe fold if he's been tight. Then get away from the raise by the bb.

Hand 3: This is one that can be debated by all poker players, whether or not A-Q off is a raising hand UTG. But since you obviously think it is, (as I do) you can't get away to an all-in reraise at this point. If you are willing to raise UTG with it, you gotta be ready to hit the felt with it too.

Brad
Old 04-11-2005, 09:46 PM

Didn't read any responses yet:

#1 That was bad call, you already know that.

#2 Good fold, bad luck there.

#3 Wondering why your raiser didn't push there, looks like he likely missed flopped too, really hate that river, but that was easy call on flop with that much in the pot.

So 1 bad, 2 fine, B- [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

>TW< or call me VINCE if you want, LOL!
Old 04-11-2005, 10:08 PM

I stopped reading after you called the all in. Please explain your call here. You had the chip lead. Act as a bully not a caller.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:23 PM

Default helpful hint on posting stlye

Dude,

Welcome aboard. The way you posted the hand, you asked for abuse not help. That will not help you. You need to understand why many considered your play poor.

When posting a hand, think to include the following information.

How many people get paid and where are you in relation to that.

Who are the players at your table. Define their style, your reads on them.

Prior hands you might have played against them.

Only post one hand per post and do not berate yourself, let others do it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2005, 12:33 AM

1. I would definitely raise here, then call moderate reraises but probably fold to a push, depending on read.

2. I probably wouldn't play KJ at all unless I was the first raiser and could represent greater strength. Calling with KJ in first position seems a bad play.

3. Your pre-flop play is all right, but why did you call on the flop? You got reraised PF, then he raises huge on a rag flop. You're definitely looking at an overpair or a set here. Easy fold.

Crooked
Old 04-12-2005, 01:10 AM

Hand 1: Raise > fold > limp/fold > limp/call
Hand 2: I actually don't hate this too much, I would probably call the push getting those pot odds though.
Hand 3: Tricky, very read dependent for me. If you are calling, just set him in pf, but if you call pf, open push for that .1% FE if you are calling an all in anyway.