Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 06:44 AM

Default Re: KK played to perfection? PP15/30

why not just call the river for a pot that size. it seems that you would at least break even on that situation... im an aggressive player and would definately try and push a scared player off of that pot if i were holding QQ.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Amazing fold. But i can't make this one usually afraiding of QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you call for metagame purposes? I don't want good players knowing that I am capable of folding for one bet in pots that big.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't you call for metagame purposes? I don't want good players knowing that I am capable of folding for one bet in pots that big.

[/ QUOTE ]

Metagame considerations arent as important in a multiway pot. We had 6 players on the flop 4 on the turn and 3 on the river.

Knowing I am capable of making this laydown is probably never going to come up again.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:40 PM

Location: Chicago, IL. Born, Raised, and in Chicago, I\'ll Die.

"Why aren't you capping the flop?" isn't really my question. If your fear is JJ, I understand. But if you fear JJ, why raise 2+2er on the turn? And then, why raise 2+2er on the turn and fold the 28.5BB pot for 1 bet on the river? Loose Fish isn't gonna raise. He doesn't have JJ. Maybe 2+2er does, so why raise the turn?

You had a bit of an identity crisis in this hand as I see it. PF, you think you have the best hand. On the flop, you raise and smooth-call the 3rd bet. You come out on the turn and raise and then fold on the river thinking you're beat.

If you're not gonna cap the flop, check/call the turn/river. If you're not capping because you "know" that you're beat, fold on the turn. But I don't see any reason to fold the river for 1 bet with the pot this big.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:02 PM

He didn't know he was beat untill his turn raise was 3bet.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Why aren't you capping the flop?" isn't really my question. If your fear is JJ, I understand. But if you fear JJ, why raise 2+2er on the turn? And then, why raise 2+2er on the turn and fold the 28.5BB pot for 1 bet on the river? Loose Fish isn't gonna raise. He doesn't have JJ. Maybe 2+2er does, so why raise the turn?

You had a bit of an identity crisis in this hand as I see it. PF, you think you have the best hand. On the flop, you raise and smooth-call the 3rd bet. You come out on the turn and raise and then fold on the river thinking you're beat.

If you're not gonna cap the flop, check/call the turn/river. If you're not capping because you "know" that you're beat, fold on the turn. But I don't see any reason to fold the river for 1 bet with the pot this big.

[/ QUOTE ]

Capping the flop will not force either of the calling stations out. In a pot this big i think it is more important to increase my chances of winning the pot by waiting till the turn to raise. By waiting till the turn I might get them to fold a 5-outer or a bare ace.

When 2+2er 3 bets me on the turn i am 99% i am behind, but at this point i am getting odds to call for my 2 outer (I have the black kings, so both of my outs are 100% clean).

Why call the river getting 28:1 when i cant beat anything? Can you find any hand that Peter would play this way besides JJ or AA?
Old 04-09-2005, 06:16 PM

Location: Chicago, IL. Born, Raised, and in Chicago, I\'ll Die.

Based on that, I understand. I did think of this, but I didn't wanna ask if you were only calling looking for a King because if you weren't, I didn't wanna give you an out. I apologize for the lack of trust on my part, but that was my honest part. I don't like to admit it, but I'm human and should've just asked it expecting an honest answer. I apologize.

I'm still probably check/calling the turn and river. I'm just not much the fan of your turn raise, really. That bothers me most. From your read, I like the fold on the river and never argue with someone acting on their read unless the logic behind the read is faulty and I see that.

I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but why raise the turn? I figure you called the flop, as opposed to capping to induce a turn bet to raise, but if I feel I'm best against 2 opponents and a flush draw on the board minus an Ace, I'm capping for value on the flop and check/calling the turn/river.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:30 PM

Depending on my read on a player i can do this. And occasionally i have wrong read...
Old 04-11-2005, 11:45 PM

Default reults

if anyone cares peter had JJ and the fishy player called on the end with AQ