Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Notes on play

Do you ever steal? If you are not stealing because a T is likely, you are not going to be stealing very often. The majority of flops contain an A, K, Q, J, or T. I assume you would find any of those cards as scary as a T.

There really are not that many draws here. If is a rainbow so there are no flush draws. There are two OESDs (J9 and 97) and one reasonable gutshot (QJ). It is also possible overcards call here is the player is really loose.

I actually agree that you should not try to steal here, but I think it is because you are out of position in a field of 6. I can't think of many boards that would make me want to steal with 4 loose players still to speak.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:12 PM

I think you are probably behind, but I would call anyway. You need to call about 20 on the turn to win a pot of around 75. You are getting pretty about 3.5 to 1.

I think you will see AQ, KQ, QJ, T8, or something involving a spade draw (gutshot or pair + spade draw) enough to make the call +EV.

I think you see a set, straight, or bigger queens up more often. Obviously, the deeper you were at this point, the more correct a fold would be.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:36 PM

And seeing the play reviewed, here are the results:

UTG + 1 did have J9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]'s

I didn't think he had that draw, thought he called with some over's and paired the Q on the turn. Since I was BB, thought I could make it look like I 1/2-way wanted a call with my $5 bet on the flop, since I may have had some crappy 8-4o and checked it PF. (Now I see that wasn't a good idea)

Need to still work on my steal reads/bets then. I was a little disturbed by it when I made it cause I am still learning to steal bet and all. Read "PL NL Poker" by Ciaffone and they talk about that, that you need to try and win pots where you aren't the best hand.

Notes have been taken. Thanks guys
Old 04-10-2005, 07:18 PM

Hero has 21BB. Folding here is RIDICULOUS. What the hell is wrong with you people?

BTW, check/fold the flop.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:31 AM

Good old J9, I knew that was coming, thus, it's a fold to an AI raise on the turn, that is just too common a limp hand, and other options have you crushed as well.

The amount of the AI though matters some too.

>TW<