Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 06:04 PM

Default TP from the BB...where did I screw this up?

Party 50, 10/20 blinds. I'm sitting on about T2200, villain has about T1800. Villain hasn't played many hands thus far and hasn't shown down yet. He seems pretty solid.

Villain is UTG and limps, SB completes, and I check A2o in the BB. Flop is AT3 rainbow. SB checks, I lead out for T40 into a pot of T60. Villain calls, and SB folds. The flop call worries me. I intend to check-fold the turn unimproved.

Turn is a 2. I check, villain bets T95 into a T140 pot. I raise to 250, he calls.

River is a 6. I bet T375. He raises to T1000. I call.

Is calling the river raise the only bad play I made here, or could I have done something different on the flop or turn to make future decisions easier?
Old 04-09-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: TP from the BB...where did I screw this up?

i think I lead out here on the turn again and see what he does. If he smooth calls again I definitely check the river as he could be trapping you with a pair of 33's TT's or even AT, all hands villain may have limpd in with UTG trying to keep the pot small with avg holdings.depending on the size of his river bet will depend on if i'm calling.