Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Buying the button in hijack and CO

Assume a typical loose passive 2/4 game (like 55 vp, 3 pfr). You're in the hijack or CO with x limpers. To what extent to you lower your raising standards with x=1 --> x=7 limpers? Please give specific hand ranges, etc.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: Buying the button in hijack and CO

typical 2/4 games do not feature a table of 55/3 players, its more like 30 or 35/3

This question is way too vague so I'll try to give as good advice as I can. With 4 or more limpers you can get away w/raising any pockter pair and suited connectors down to 78s. Overcards start to lose value in these situations and although you'd still raise hands like AQ and KQ pf you might want to just call w/a hands like KJo or ATo.

When there are fewer limpers in the pot you can do more raising depending on the blinds.

W/tight blinds and 1 limper, I'd raise w/as little as QJo/KTo/A7o, or even a low pp like 55 if I could get it heads up against a weaktightie.

W/looser blinds you're looking at raising hands like ATo, KJo and limping w/some of the others b/c you won't be able to get it HU as easily and you might have to show down the best hand.

After 2 or 3 limpers, your not looking to raise simply to steal the button, your going to need a premium hand to raise b/c you most lilkely will have to show it down. I'd raise big offsuit cards like KJo or strong suited connectors like QJs but I'd limp w/the lower pps, and medium suited connectors.

Hope this helps out a little bit, the best way to get a feel for this is to start playing more and experiementing w/the hands that fit your style best.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Buying the button in hijack and CO

Raise anyhand that is better than the hands these players will limp with 90% of the time.

Change your hands depending on X, if X is less then raise weaker hands, if X is more raise less hands.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]