Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: know it all spamming 2+2

[ QUOTE ]
Just because people have access to 2+2 or are 2+2ers does not mean they are good poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

True... just look at me... I've been on this site for 1-1/2 years and I still suck.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
now i know its happened to most here but i was on party and this guy kept talking for hours about how good he was and accomplishments and poker strategy. he was the dickhead that table coached everyone on their play.

well after a few hours he tells a guy that he should check out twoplustwo if he wanted to improve his game, does this piss anyone else off? why cant people just play and let others sink or swim, why the need to prove how good you are?

anyway i know this has probably been said but i felt the need to vent, oh and he didnt play like a 2+2'er.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a variation of the Not In My Back Yard syndrome. Its like the last guy who bought a house at the beach, he now leads the charge to restrict development because the beach is so overdeveloped...

2+2 is not some secret fraternity that we managed to win our way into. Its a public forum. Nor is poker knowlege somehow privileged information. Nobody is betraying a trust if they point another person in the direction of knowlege. Somebody or something led you here, after all.

That said, I'm not personally directing people here because (a) I'm a selfish prick and (2) I don't table coach.

On the other hand I'd send a friend here in an instant if they wanted to learn...

--Zetack
Old 04-08-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
True... just look at me... I've been on this site for 1-1/2 years and I still suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever EP, you suck compared to who? I have been here since August, and I do still mostly suck. I do want to point out I found 2+2 on the internet on my own (google) before I ever deposited at online poker.

So worry about people like me, but with more spare time, focus and talent.

The table coaches do piss me off. But they are often wrong. Like the guy who yelled at me for calling on the button with 8 callers and 56s. "Arg, I can't believe the suckouts! Why do you call with that kind of trash?!"

-D
Old 04-08-2005, 02:16 PM

i hear you point and you are correct, it is a syndrome. i too have reffered some of my closest friends here, i just don't understand why you would want to just hand out information to strangers so they can try and make themselves look smart or something.

since you are correct though chat on party is turned off, i like the chat on most other sites though [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2005, 04:09 AM

Maybe people play poker for different reasons. You and I play it to make money at a challenging game.

Others may play poker for different reasons and want to show off their "vast" knowledge. They do so by spouting out poker terminology and pointing people to 2+2.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah he wasn't very good, but it wasn't him i was worried about. there are others at the table that could become better and all i am saying is why take a chance of teaching the fish to swim?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't worry so much about the other players getting better in the future, because most of them probably won't anyway, but about them being scared away in the present.

Even a dunce knows he'll do better against weaker competition. Guys blabbing about Pokertracker and their W$@SD or something piss me off because they're telling all the bad players to find another table.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe people play poker for different reasons. You and I play it to make money at a challenging game.

Others may play poker for different reasons and want to show off their "vast" knowledge. They do so by spouting out poker terminology and pointing people to 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate poker. I play for the cool chat rooms.