Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Backed-Off Question - Blackjack AP

DD games get a lot of scrutiny, even the $5 ones. You'd probably be just fine with shorter sessions (think 1 hr max) and a decent act. Often, the pit just gets tired of looking at you (and me and all other APs) after a few hours. Also, try to avoid jumping bets. Finally, APs get backed off during losing sessions all the time, usually due to lack of cover, so don't be too surprised by that.

Don't feel badly about the occasional backoff. If you're never backed off, you're not playing a strong enough game. It's part of the territory. Needless to say, you don't want to get backed off all the time, nor should you be. Four backoffs at $5 tables is a bit on the high end. Staying welcome without giving up EV is just another skill to be developed. You probably don't want to shuffle chips, give a lot of advice, act like you don't believe in "luck" or superstition, etc. Watch the ploppies around you and try to act like them.

A 1:7 spread is fine for the 75% DD game. The 50% pen DD game probably isn't worth playing at all. Also, why not wong into one of the many 6D games with good rules and pen? You'll never be noticed at one of these tables at your bet levels, even with a larger bet spread.

You may wish to post this at BJ21.com or another reputable blackjack site. I don't wish to shill for another site (but posters there send people here quite often, so it should be okay), but counters deal with this ALL the time.

That's about all I wish to post on a non-BJ board. Again, stop by one of the many BJ sites and we'll all reply in detail. Good luck with your game.