Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: raise this weird turn bet?

[ QUOTE ]
I would've raised the turn and folded to a 3-bet. Although I have no idea whats going on. It seems that if he'd made a full he'd go for a C/R on the turn. So he's probably trying to represent three 5's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem with that is, we want to see a showdown with this hand.

I like your line vs a blind.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:25 PM

Everyone here is telling that he doesn't have trips. This is really bad advice imo. I would bet into you on the turn with trips just about every time. I do it because I know you are an aggressive player and will likely raise (so I can go for 3-bets). A bad player will do it because he is too timid to check/raise. Calling down here is by far the best play as we encourage him to bluff if that is what he is doing. If he has a five we save ourselves money from the dreaded STOP AND GO that bad players pull with good hands. So instead of 3-betting and letting us off the hook with trips, he will commonly just call and then bet the river (and then we feel compelled to call that bet as well). It is a actually a brilliant play to use against a thinking player who is capeable of folding to a 3-bet but who is content on showing down.

Brad
Old 04-08-2005, 07:07 PM

i agree, and when i hit my big hand against a thinking, aggressive player i typically bet out instead of going for a c/r.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:14 PM

A read would really help. If he's not the type to bet random scare cards with little or nothing, you should probably call down and bet the river if checked to.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone here is telling that he doesn't have trips. This is really bad advice imo. I would bet into you on the turn with trips just about every time. I do it because I know you are an aggressive player and will likely raise (so I can go for 3-bets). A bad player will do it because he is too timid to check/raise. Calling down here is by far the best play as we encourage him to bluff if that is what he is doing. If he has a five we save ourselves money from the dreaded STOP AND GO that bad players pull with good hands. So instead of 3-betting and letting us off the hook with trips, he will commonly just call and then bet the river (and then we feel compelled to call that bet as well). It is a actually a brilliant play to use against a thinking player who is capeable of folding to a 3-bet but who is content on showing down.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

If he checks the river, do we bet or take a free showdown? He would call us with a worse ace or a jack. If check-raised on the river, we could safely fold, right?
Old 04-08-2005, 07:23 PM

i also put this player on a weak ace, however if you do not raise this hand how do you ever get your AF numbers above 2?
Old 04-08-2005, 07:24 PM

If he checks the river, do we bet or take a free showdown?

Bet.

He would call us with a worse ace or a jack.

The way this hand was played...yes to both.

If check-raised on the river, we could safely fold, right?

Yes. However you might want to call as this hand might be noteworthy.

Brad
Old 04-08-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Same type of hand..

Again, I was confused. PokerEdge told me villian's postflop AF was 1.06 with a small sample of 193 hands.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB
Old 04-08-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Same type of hand..

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, T.
2 folds, MP1 calls, 1 fold, Hero calls

Why did you just call preflop? Playing this guy HU looks w/ position looks like a good idea here.

Brad
Old 04-08-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Same type of hand..

you're right, i did consider raising PF. my PFR is actually damn high and i've been trying to cut down [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (it's somewhere between 8% and 9% after 11k hands of 1/2)