Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Live 15/30 hand. Backdoor Blues.

15-30 in a NYC cardroom. Full ring game. The 1 seat is a woman well in her 60's who has been playing too many hands and losing with most of them. The 2s is a younger woman who is a maniac and has blown off about a dime in the past 3 hours. The 3s is a young guy who is hitting every flop he's involved in and almost can't see over the stacks of chips in front of him. The 4s is a young asian guy who is missing every flop and bleeding off all his chips. I'm in seat 5 and holding my own, up about 400 or so. In seat number 6 is a 40ish asian guy who wings his cards at the dealers hands every time he muck and flips over at least one card every time . He came to gamble and isn't getting lucky lately. The 7 seat is a human being (thats all I remember), the 8s is another asian guy who plays fairly well, the 9s is an old gent who is a total rock. If he bets he's got the best hand and if he raises he's got the nuts. And the 10s is, well, another human being.
Lots of pre-flop limpers in this game who then get raised by the maniac almost every time no matter what she's holding.
I'm in the sb in this hand with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Two early limpers, folded to me, I complete, BB checks.
Flop is Q, J, x with two [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
I check, BB checks, EP1 checks, decent asian guy in seat 8 bets. We all call.
Turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
I bet, BB folds, EP1 calls, 8 seat calls.
River is the rag of [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I lead, EP1 folds, seat 8 raises.
Does anyone take a different line? If so, where?
Old 04-08-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Live 15/30 hand. Backdoor Blues.

looks fine. im not sure what youre asking or why you told us about about players who didnt even see this flop?? if you want to know whether to paty off the river raise, ui couldnt tell you... i wasnt there. probably not. it sounds like seat8 guys just gonna win this pot...
Old 04-08-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Live 15/30 hand. Backdoor Blues.

Bet the flop, if not checkraise. You should get A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x to fold by doing this, and you might have taken down the pot.