Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Meh.

Villain is a short bus rider. Loose and pretty damned aggressive. Too much? Just right?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB
Old 04-08-2005, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Meh.

Even idiots can have the case four. There's a difference between "pretty damn aggressive" and "completely retarded". Unless you really think he's the latter, don't cap the river, and even raising it might be a little suspect against most. I guess you can pray it's a flopped flush getting all pissy . .
Old 04-08-2005, 11:29 AM

IŽd consider just calling the river, I would never cap it, at best you are looking at a split.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even idiots can have the case four. There's a difference between "pretty damn aggressive" and "completely retarded". Unless you really think he's the latter, don't cap the river, and even raising it might be a little suspect against most. I guess you can pray it's a flopped flush getting all pissy . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I botched this one. He would have 3-bet a flush but my cap is retarded.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:58 AM

I would have probably played it the same way. I would never be able to believe he held the last 4, since my issue in 6max is that I find that the majority of the time, no one has much of a hand at all. So if I'm holding a boat, I'm silly with reraising.

Throw in the fact that the quality of players at these tables are for the most part much much worse than in full games. Most tend to either play like complete loose passives or complete maniacs ...
Old 04-08-2005, 12:20 PM

Anyone raise the frop here? If the flush doesn't keep you from raising the turn, why not get aggressive earlier?
Old 04-08-2005, 12:21 PM

Eh, with the turn agression I think calling the 3-bet is more appropriate on the river because he probably wouldn't play a T that way so best case scenario is you're splitting.

cjx
Old 04-08-2005, 12:25 PM

I expect him to bet again on the turn, diamond or not, and I can raise a non diamond quite safely AND get a call most of the time. If you raise the flop he also has more equity to cap with two cards to come leaving you a bit in the dark (if he is on a flush draw) and you will likely only get one turn bet from him on a blank if he decides to check.

cjx