Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 12:17 PM

Default 3 hands in quick succession vs the same two villains.

Alright, quick low down on the opponents. Maniac just sat down, but I have decent notes on him... knew he was a maniac preflop and somewhat post and he didn't disappoint.

Postitive Tilt was not bluffing. He was calling with inferior hands, just about every hand and hitting. The only person he wasn't crushing was me, but only marginally less because I kept folding against his raises and stop n gos... it is slightly possible he was taking advantage of me, but he was showing down winner after winner against the rest of my loose passive opponents.

The table was loose passive aside from the Maniac who just sat down. I believe I was the only one to initiate a 3-bet preflop in the last 4 or 5 orbits and I didn't expect anyone aside from Maniac to call my 3-bet here.

Hand One
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $5. UTG posts a blind of $5.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Maniac (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB Positive Tilt Lucky calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (13 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Positive Tilt Lucky checks, UTG checks, Maniac checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Positive Tilt Lucky calls, UTG calls, Maniac calls.

Eh, I'll take a stab. If I get a couple folds I'll check behind on the turn and then call one if it's just the Maniac left on the river he'll bet anything if the round gets checked through.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Positive Tilt Lucky bets</font>, UTG folds, Maniac folds, Hero ???

Well, flop stab didn't work. Positive Tilter would probably bet or check raise an Ace on the flop. If he hits top pair he is definitely raising. His bet here says turned two pair of the 567 variety, but it could be a pair and a draw, or he could have hit a gut shot to the nuts. I have not seen him out and out bluff, not even semibluff though he'll definitely bet/raise with pair + draw.

Comments?

Hand 2
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG Maniac raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO Positive Tilt Lucky calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG Maniac caps</font>, Hero calls, CO Positive Tilt Lucky calls, SB calls.

Ok, despite what just happened a few hands ago, the maniac was raising and people were folding, trust me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] . Most flops were two or three handed with the maniac and PTL. Maniac caps... I think he just won a hand so, he definitely needs to cap this one or something.

Flop: (17 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Maniac bets</font>, Hero folds, Positive Tilt Lucky calls, SB calls.

Well, shite. I mean... Heads-up I like my A3, I'm seeing a showdown against my main man Maniac. I could raise, but any sort of draw isn't folding. PTL is gonna raise any Jack (3-bet, not sure) and will call any draw or any pair. SB is loose passive weak, he'll probably call most pairs, gut shots, but will rarely raise anything.

Should I try to draw to my possibly tainted Ace outs here getting 18 to 1 with overcalls certainly to come or do I make what feels like the epitomy of weak folds?

Turn: (10 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Maniac bets</font>, Positive Tilt Lucky calls, SB calls.

River: (13 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Maniac bets</font>, Positive Tilt Lucky calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 15 BB
Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Maniac has Js 3s (two pair, jacks and threes).
Positive Tilt Lucky has 4h 4d (one pair, fours).
Outcome: Maniac wins 15 BB. </font>

Just to give you an idea of what we're seeing at showdowns now. Maniac promptly left the table after this hand clearing about $100 in his quick 20ish hands... that got me somewhat steamed so I sat out and made this post.

Turns out the third hand was just utterly obvious and I think I made the right fold so... just comments on the two above. Thanks.

cjx