Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Owned by StacysMom - 28 BB

StacysMomXXX just arrived and pressed nothing but bet so far. Button is also new to the table. UTG is playing fairly well but passive. The table in general has been calling along with little aggression.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Pinga is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">StacysMomXXX raises</font>, Button calls, Pinga calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Pinga bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">StacysMomXXX raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Pinga 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">StacysMomXXX caps</font>, Button calls, Pinga calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (19 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Pinga bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, StacysMomXXX calls, Button calls.

River: (25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Pinga checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">StacysMomXXX bets</font>, Button calls, Pinga folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 28 BB

With four people in I think a check/fold on the turn would have been best. Agree? Other thoughts?

Best,
Pinga
Old 04-07-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Owned by StacysMom - 28 BB

Uhh no. Don't check fold the turn. You bet out and weren't even raised. If someone is playing a made flush that weakly, so be it. If you get raised on the turn, you have redraws to a full house. Still....the pot is huge, you have a set and there are more cards to come. You're staying.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With four people in I think a check/fold on the turn would have been best. Agree? Other thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok im not going to be mean but just say..
You have a redraw to a fullhouse or quads which = 11 outs,

dear god. folding the turn would be a disaster.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

With four people in I think a check/fold on the turn would have been best. Agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, don't fear monsters under the bed especially when you are drawing live in a huge pot.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:06 PM

Don't mess with StacysMom.

- Jim
Old 04-07-2005, 09:23 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
ok im not going to be mean but just say..
You have a redraw to a fullhouse or quads which = 11 outs,

[/ QUOTE ]

filling or quadding up a set on the turn without knowing anyone's hand is always 10 outs. same for trips
Old 04-07-2005, 10:05 PM

StacysMOm 4 Life!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2005, 07:25 AM

Wasnt me. But I have a good idea of who it was. Anway, like everyone else is saying, folding that turn is atrocious. I'm going to assume you meant check fold the river, and bet the river with any non spade, non straight card (9, 6, maybe J or Q).
Old 04-08-2005, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wasnt me. But I have a good idea of who it was. Anway, like everyone else is saying, folding that turn is atrocious. I'm going to assume you meant check fold the river, and bet the river with any non spade, non straight card (9, 6, maybe J or Q).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking unclearly after a bad session. I thought some outs were unclean but they really weren't. As Jason said, monsters under the bed.

I'm fairly sure I'm leaking by carrying hands too far. I *felt* beat when that turn card dropped and had five active players in with me. I got beat and sat wondering if I was just pushing good money after bad into the pot.

Back to the math for me this week! Those were well earned Sklansky dollars. The dorm can probably use the beer anyway.

Thanks for all your input. I'll analyze my own hand better next time before posting it.

I've been reading a lot of archives and truly appreciate the 2+2 community.

Results:

StacysMomXXX shows [ As, Ad ] a flush, ace high.
button doesn't show [ Qc, Qs ] a flush, king high.
UTG doesn't show [ 9c, Js ] a flush, king high.

Best,
Pinga

P.S. I'm pretty thick skinned, mason, feel free to scream at me when needed.