Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: 300,000 dead in Sudan. Why aren\'t we liberating them?

Because the right used up all its political capital on Iraq. And the Democrats can't support it because they have posistioned themselves as anti-foriegn involvement/ isolationist/anti-war.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:55 AM

Default For the last time, we don\'t care whether you dislike us or not !!!

"However, I think here, 95% would agree with him. It shows how [censored] up image you have in the world now."
Americans re-elected George Bush...
This should give you an idea of how much the USA cares about its "image"... We are not trying to win a popularity contest...
As far as I'm concerned, the USA has the best government in the world and most other countries are f***-up. And based on the long lines of people wanted to leave their country and immigrate into the USA, it seems many people agree with me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You can like the USA or hate the USA. It does not matter to most Americans and it will certainly not disturb our breakfast. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
But most Americans are not cowards (like the Spanish who elect an appeaser because of terrorism) and after 9/11 we are going to kick some a$$ and we don't care whether you approve or disapprove.... After Iraq, Syria, Iran, North Korea, and NORWAY are on our "to do" list. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

After we invade Norway, we are going to kidnap all your good looking women and leave you our ugly ones. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Is Sudan in OPEC yet?

We Texas oil boys understand only black gold.

Sudan has black and bit o' gold but no black gold.

(Lame, I know..)
Old 04-08-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Re: For the last time, we don\'t care whether you dislike us or not !!!

[ QUOTE ]
Americans re-elected George Bush...
This should give you an idea of how much the USA cares about its "image"... We are not trying to win a popularity contest...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good image = more $$$ in the long run.

[ QUOTE ]
it seems many people agree with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea.

[ QUOTE ]
But most Americans are not cowards (like the Spanish who elect an appeaser because of terrorism) and after 9/11 we are going to kick some a$$ and we don't care whether you approve or disapprove....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but 9/11 was a joke. Never heard of WW2?
Old 04-08-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, but 9/11 was a joke. Never heard of WW2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you're implying by this, I think you really should reconsider ever posting again. Ever.

Or a better idea, go buy a gun and rent a bullet, if you get my drift.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:52 AM

9/11:

I agree that it was a horrible terrorist attack and it was wrong, but You get what you order!

[ QUOTE ]
go buy a gun

[/ QUOTE ]

Not possible in Finland. In Finland (like in Norway, in Sweden etc.) we have good society. We don't need guns.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
9/11:

I agree that it was a horrible terrorist attack and it was wrong, but You get what you order!

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely retarded. I'm not even going to waste time arguing this with you, you're so wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
go buy a gun

[/ QUOTE ]

Not possible in Finland. In Finland (like in Norway, in Sweden etc.) we have good society. We don't need guns.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Good society? And that implies that we don't or something? I'd like to see from your POV, but I don't think I could get my head that far up my ass. EDIT TO ADD: Maybe something is being lost on me through your English. I could be wrong, that I will admit.

2) OK, no guns...Find yourself some rope and something really high up to tie it to...or something like that. That is, if you don't understand how stupid you made yourself look based on the first part RE: 9/11. You knew what I meant anyways.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:15 AM

cause it ain't jews who is killin them

if they was arab the un would be all over that [censored]
Old 04-08-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good society? And that implies that we don't or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!

Link

World-wide quality of life survey

United Kingdom

London, 14 March 2005

Luxembourg scores highest for personal safety and security; Baghdad scores lowest
Canadian cities top the rankings for safety and security in North America
For overall quality of life, Geneva, and Zurich rank top; Baghdad scores lowest

Luxembourg ranks as the world’s top city for personal safety and security, according to a quality of life survey by Mercer Human Resource Consulting. The city scores 122.5 followed by Helsinki , Bern, Geneva, and Zurich which take joint second place with scores of 120.

Scores for personal safety and security are based on relationships with other countries, internal stability, and crime, including terrorism. Law enforcement, censorship, and limitations on personal freedom are also taken into account. (See Notes below for details.)

Cities are ranked against New York as the base city, which has a rating of 100. The analysis is part of a worldwide quality of life survey, covering 215 cities, to help governments and major companies to place employees on international assignments.

In the US, Honolulu, Houston, Lexington, San Francisco, and Winston Salem rank highest in joint 45th position with scores of 104. Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, Portland, and New York all follow in 58th place with scores of 100. The lowest scoring city in North America is Atlanta, ranked 90 with a score of 90.5, due to street crime and burglary.

What does POV mean?
Old 04-08-2005, 03:28 AM

You of all people should now that just because they were not publically stated does not mean that those were the reasons for going to war. You may not like it, but the war was sold using the arguements that the public would most accept but those were not the only reasons. The lake of these are why we are not involved in the sudan. It comes to interests of the US, this is how wars are decided always have been always will be.

I always think that many (not all, maybe not you) of those who are so concerned about what is going on the Sudan would turn and protest the minute any military action was taken. They would deride America's involvement in the affairs of others as US Imperialism and bitch and moan about the lose of life from military conflict.

As for the UN, any involvement by that institution has and will continue to be ineffective. I believe they are still unwillingly to even label it as genocide and take any serious actions against the government including sanctions.

I would be most interested in any actions they have taken so please post any along with sources that you know of