Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Mason what about these win rate claims!

[ QUOTE ]
can we please get back to arguing how much you can make in the party 15/30 here in the mid-high stakes PL/NL strategy forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed hard at this. Funniest post in a week, for several reasons.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Mason one other thing.

Mason,

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I will say that win rate per game per hour is affected by by the number of games one plays at a time. I want to say inversely proportional but my math aint so good and that may be an over staementor an understatement. I'm not sure. What I am sure of is that win rate per hour per will decrese as each game is added to the equation. No human being is able to play perfect poker, if there is such a thing. The uncertainty alone in most poker situations allow only educated guesses. When someone's focus and concentration is divided in an endeavor that requires focus and attention mistkes are bound to occur. So to say that someone has a win rate of $60 an hour playing one game does not equate to $120 an hour playing two, I don't know if you've ever played online but from your remarks I don't believe that you have much experience playing multi tables.

Vince
Old 04-07-2005, 05:26 PM

Expound on what? It was a friggin joke for Christs sake!

Vince
Old 04-07-2005, 05:50 PM

A bad one at that.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I forgot this Eric guy majored in Math at MIT. Impressive, to say the least. Of course he doesn't mention what year he graduated or what his degree is in.

[/ QUOTE ]

The MIT online alumni directory shows an Eric Lindauer graduated within the last ten years (I'll keep the exact date quiet in case he cares) with a bachelor's degree in mathematics and currently resides in New York.

Not that I expect you to believe me.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But the claim of $120 to $200 an hour if you are multitabling does seem achieveable to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really! $200 an hour at 15-30? That's a mere $8,000 (at 8 hours a day) a week. 400k a year. Impressive. Mason, have you been sipping the passover wine again?

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince, do you really think that there are no players skilled enough to hit 2bb or more per 100 hands at the 15/30? that's after all, all one needs when 4 tabling to get to 200/hr at the 15/30 game. hint: there are plenty of people who do it. there are also plenty of people i'm sure that play more tables. they may not play the long hours though, since many of them can feel "satisfied" with far less than 400k a year. for instance, at 2 hours of work a day, they'd be making 100k a year, which is quite a nice chunk of change, and is less likely to get you burned out. vince, there have been many discussions of winrates acheivable, in the party game, but this is not the proper forum for it.

wrt the my other post in this thread that you responded to, i must admit that i haven't followed the ongoing drama that is your relationship with pp. since the time when you promised to not post in threads where he was or was discussed, i really haven't read anything in the wpt forum at all on a regular basis. it's really gone to poop. and it didn't start anywhere good. for the record, his statements in this thread really didn't seem pompous assish at all. you'll have to pull me out some quotes or something, since i missed it if it's there.

citanul

edit: i see you've come up with a sparkling answer for mason wrt the win rates. well, like i said, perhaps you should consider taking the question of what attainable winrates are for multitablers in the party game to forums that care, and/or are better able to provide such answers.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Paul Phillips, $2-5 Mirage

Can we officially rename this "The awful thread that will not die!"? I thought Paul's decision to quit 2+2 was a little premature but considering the rest of the dreck in the thread, it was clearly prescient of all the crap yet to come.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:55 PM

if you don't like it, don't read it....If you don't want it at the top of the list, quit freakin posting...As it is, it seems that several people either like the thread or are otherwise drawn to it. truly bad / uninteresting threads tend to get no replies.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:14 AM

Gee, a post that makes sense/ Are you trying to start somehthing here?

Vince
Old 04-09-2005, 07:01 AM

I don't see how you think it could be easy to make 2 bb in each game playing 4 games. Its hard enough to make 2 bb and hour in one game but now to spread ti into 4 where its harder to pay attention wouldnt that hurt your hourly in each.