Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Questionable Flop Call w/AQs

Pot is too big to fold on the flop.

I would call on the turn. You are more likely to make a straight or flush than you are top pair (which loses to a ten anyhow), so I think it's better to keep people in than drive them out.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:30 PM

Pot's big, seems like an easy call.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:33 PM

I can probably say that I have never once raised in this position on the turn but I really think this is a unique situation. I would almost never advocate raising a draw on the turn and it would be even rarer when I would do it when it risks blowing the rest of the field away. However in this one particular situation I just think it's highly likely that you are going to get several coldcallers.

We have CO who has bet into us who is almost assured of calling a raise, UTG+1 who has already showed us strength by check raising the flop, and MP3 who was the initial bettor on the turn. The fact that so many different people have shown aggression up until this point has to be a considering factor. I do think it's a very close decision and I would call in an instant if this was the flop and we were unsure about the strength of our opponent's hands. But here three of our four opponents have shown strength. I understand the importance of keeping opponents in when you have a draw like this but I just don't see our opponents going anywhere in this particular instance.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:59 PM

I think this is fine. It's extremely rare to be up against a flopped full-boat, so you're probably drawing to 4 clean K's and the BDFD. Pot is big enough for a flop call here.

I love the turn raise. This is a great card for you and the response by CO tells you he probably doesn't have the boat. His bet says that he either made a straight or picked up a flush draw. (Or possibly has a T or J, but not both.)

Safe river, bet for value.

Ni han
Old 04-07-2005, 08:16 PM

Getting 14-1 on a gutshot + backdoor flush + 2 or 3 outs worth of clean overcards....definite call.

I'm not so sure about the turn raise, given your relative position to the original bettor. It might serve to knock out more players than to get more money in (which is why you raised, I assume...for value). Then again, the pot is large, and your opponents might feel compelled to see the river.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Then again, the pot is large, and your opponents might feel compelled to see the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my exact thought when I raised the turn.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:32 PM

No way you can fold this. You're getting plenty of odds to call on the basis of the gutshot alone. You could raise to protect your hand, maybe. I think if you did this you would hope to fold an ace or a queen, in case the river put four to a straight on the board.

I don't understand your turn raise. EDIT: ok, nevermind, you have 15 outs on the turn with a 33 percent equity. The raise would be for value if you got one cold caller, AND if a river 8 never split the pot. I still wouldn't raise the turn though